cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High ping

Chxlsea
Joining in

Hi, 

Currently using Virgin 350mb, on my PS4 I'm getting no where near that with very low upload speeds. I'm connected via ethernet cable and I've tried resetting the router, factory resetting it, forwarding ports, tried DMZ, tried different ethernet cables and still nothing. I'm getting really frustrated with it now, I physically can't play warzone / vanguard as the latency is way too high. What else can I do?

17 REPLIES 17

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You would just be able to delete that from the pasted content 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

0e65aa2c813f35f14ce87732ca8ec55d226c176a-15-02-2022.png

 Hi I set up this that someone said to set up, as you can see it goes really bad at around 6pm, that's when I cannot play online very well. Is there too many people in my area with virgin media? As nothing different changes in my household with connections.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Chxlsea,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your broadband.

Have you checked to see if there is an area distribution? You can check on our service checker.

Many thanks, 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

There aren't any known area issues.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Chxlsea

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

How is your connection today?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

As mentioned before my connection is fine ish in the day and evening it goes unusable on the console etc.

Hi Chxlsea,

Thanks for coming back. Your BQM graph does not look great at all - whilst it shows signs of a congestion issue in your area, after checking from here it does not appear to be the case. However there are still some signal issues affecting your connection which will need resolving by an engineer visit.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can arrange a visit with you. Please look out for my PM over at the purple envelope

Thanks

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Chxlsea,

Thank you for supplying the requested details via PM!

I've now booked in the next available engineer slot for you - to view the appointment time slot or rearrange, please head over and sign into your My Virgin Media account here

Please do let us know how the visit goes and if you need anything else from us in the meantime. 

Kind regards

Beth