cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High ping and packet loss

OEK01
Tuning in

Please see the think broadband quality monitor below. 

I was unable to use my connection for gaming yesterday due to the connection quality and today it appears to be the same. 

https://imgur.com/aT7gGXH

8 REPLIES 8

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @OEK01,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for any issues with your broadband recently.

I can not click this link as I do not recognize it, please can you send either a screenshot of your BQM chart or a link from the page? 

Many thanks, 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

 Hi there, I have attached the images now on here. As you can see there is a lot of packet loss happening and the connection seems really unstable. I believe from 3.30 am onwards etc we do turn off the router, however, prior to that we don't. I have been noticing really bad stability in games as there is a lot of rubber banding.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @OEK01,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to your issue. 

I was able to locate your account and after running some checks, I cannot see any issues with your Hub, or any issues with your upstream and downstream power levels.

Would you be able to reset your Hub back to Factory Settings and monitor your connection and your BQM over the next 24 hours?

Then we'll be able to take another look for you.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi yes, as you can see the issue is persisting and the broadband has become unusable for gaming. There is no one downloading or streaming in the household. As you can see there are signs of packet loss and unstable connection, can you please have a look into this as this is unacceptable.

c000c4ee0af374b865b2f7f54926a9aefbcaa2f9-28-08-2021~2.png

Hi @OEK01,

Thank you for sending this over. I'm so sorry to see/hear that the problem is ongoing.

Would it be possible for you to share with us a link of the live BQM instead of providing screenshots? That way we can take a look at the connection in more depth.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi OEK01,

Thank you for sharing your graph, looking at it, the read blocks mean the hub is not connected to the service at all, I can see your hub has been online since 5 hours ago, has your hub been on the whole time, or have you turned it off at all during this time?

Zoie