cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High latency and lag\ping spikes while gaming

Dan786
Joining in

Switched to Virgin media from BT and while gaming the connection is very unstable with huge ping spikes sometimes into the 100s of ms causing lag spikes and freezes. i was told there could be problem with the Super Hub 3 router and wondered if anyone was cable of letting me know, thanks!

Screenshot 2022-04-22 at 5.36.03 pm.pngScreenshot 2022-04-22 at 5.35.49 pm.pngScreenshot 2022-04-22 at 5.35.36 pm.png

11 REPLIES 11

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Stats are fine, so no issues there.  Setup a BQM to record the status of your circuit  www.thinkbroadband.com/ping and we can comment 

However, the nature of DOCIS will never be a good for gaming as xDSL circuits at the moment.    Let's see what the BQM looks like after 24 hours.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI Dan786

Just a quick message to see if you have been able to set up the BQM yet?

Gareth_L

Yes for a few days now

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/1adcc193275372591dbb2edcdfb6d207531456e5

Hi @Dan786

Thank you for your reply

I'm going to drop you a private message to collect some further details and have a look into this with you, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Could you please inform the group of the outcome. It's very frustrating not knowing if the problem was resolved or the outcome

Did you receive a Private Message from Travis_M as mentioned in his last reply? You can find these in the top right hand corner of the community screen, usually a Purple Envelope.

Rob

No did not receive a private message on this subject. I was just enquiring re the outcome of the problem as it just left the forum members in mid stream.

Hi folks,

I'm tagging onto this forum post in the hope someone can help me.

I attach my BQM taken this morning (27th September 2022) from my home in Newport Wales.

The latency to my eyes doesn't look good but hopefully someone can confirm there's an issue or if this a pretty normal looking graph.

Thanks in advance for replies and or suggestions if there's something wrong.

SteveScreenshot 2022-09-27 081933.jpg

Hey oram01, thank you for reaching out.

I can see you have already posted this on another board please can you just post this once going forward.

I have also replied back to you on the original post. thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?