cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High latency and disconnects

GamingCrazy
Joining in

Hi

We're experiencing occasional high latency and disconnects from games via ethernet and wireless on multiple devices.

They happen all throughout the day/evening and are not constrained to a particular time window.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 🙂 

9 REPLIES 9

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @GamingCrazy,

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post.

Really sorry to hear about that you have had some issues with Latency when gaming. 

Do you have a a BQM set up at all?  If so please could you share that with us? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I've let this run over the past day. Please ignore the big red spike, that's where I restarted the router, but I'm not sure what caused the little packet loss spikes (not sure if they can be seen on this image).

Thanks

GamingCrazy_0-1627507374535.png

Thank you for showing us this @GamingCrazy.

I have been able to access your account using forum details and can not se any immediate issues back end. How long has this been ongoing? Do you only experience this when gaming? Are other services affected?

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Has been happening for at least a month now I would guess. I'm seeing it with disconnects on Discord (desktop application) and Whatsapp in the browser as they, other than games, are the main things that I would use when I'm at the PC. The other software I use is mainly offline and I wouldn't really notice if there was a disconnect/latency issue or not.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GamingCrazy,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue and thanks for providing us with more information about your drop outs.

I was able to take another look at your account and I can see that there are some ongoing downstream power level issues. In order to have this resolved, we would need to have a technician booked in to have this looked at.

Before I do this, I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye our for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page.

I will be in touch soon.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Replied to your private message. Thank you Paulina. 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GamingCrazy,

Thank you for coming back to me and for confirming your details over Private Message.

I have confirmed the time and date of the appointment for you over PM. Please let me know if this needs changing at all.

You can always manage your appointment on your Online Account if needed.

Please keep us updated on your appointment and how it goes. Let us know if you need any further help or assistance afterwards.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Although I'm very happy to get an appointment for an engineer so quickly (thank you for that), the day/time isn't convenient unfortunately. I will PM you in a moment with my available days and maybe a more suitable one can be found 😊 Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GamingCrazy,

Thank you for coming back to me!

I'm looking forward to your message via PM! I'm more than happy to have this appointment rescheduled for you! 🙂

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team