Menu
Highlighted
Hondaneo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

High Ping

Hey all,

So this is my First post. But was wondering if you guys could help.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/14a1bb0a6f78ccdb009bfb5a778473a4827ec5fa

One thing i have noticed is the speed of the internet seems fine. But whenever i connect to an online game.  Overwatch WoW PuBG i get consistently high ping/latency.

I have tried calling virgin and they dont seem to be able to do anything they keep repeating that i have the internet and there is no fault. I have also triad to play an online game on my phone Vainglory and the results are the same ping/latency goes through the room. I have the Superhub 3 in modem mode this dosnt fix the issues. I have also tried running my game via a VPN and the problem seems to stay the same so im wondering if there is an actual issue with Routing at virgins end?

0 Kudos
samuel0225
Tuning in
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Ping

Not that i'm an expert by any means, but the problem isn't the latency it's the packet loss. I've been having the same issue for the last week and it seems others also have been. Called several times and nothing has happened. The problem is probably not your end and hopefully they'll fix it soon. (i'm area 15 and if you are it could be the same problem) 

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@Hondaneo wrote:

Hey all,

So this is my First post. But was wondering if you guys could help.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/14a1bb0a6f78ccdb009bfb5a778473a4827ec5fa

One thing i have noticed is the speed of the internet seems fine. But whenever i connect to an online game.  Overwatch WoW PuBG i get consistently high ping/latency.

I have tried calling virgin and they dont seem to be able to do anything they keep repeating that i have the internet and there is no fault. I have also triad to play an online game on my phone Vainglory and the results are the same ping/latency goes through the room. I have the Superhub 3 in modem mode this dosnt fix the issues. I have also tried running my game via a VPN and the problem seems to stay the same so im wondering if there is an actual issue with Routing at virgins end?

There's no issue with routing as it wouldn't affect everything since the routes aren't the same, from your BQM graph it seems you're currently subject to either a fault on your line or an area fault, if you're in Area 15 like the other poster it might be that, if not I recommend calling VM and raising a fault or posting your downstream, upstream, and network logs from the status page of the Hub here and waiting for a member of the forum team to reply in around a week.

0 Kudos
holtend4life
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Getting the same in area 15 too, started monitoring today and its already starting to look like packet loss.

Seems to me it might be an engineer needs to be called out to that area?

0 Kudos
Hondaneo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Both,

I can confirm in in Area 15 so will give them a call Thanks for your responses.

0 Kudos
holtend4life
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Cool, let us fellow area 15ers know whats going on if you can!

Thanks, Rich

0 Kudos
Azrilkai
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I'm area 15 too and experiencing high ping for over a week now. I get perfect speedtest / ping says 20ish in games but plays like 200+ constantly throughout the day.

I got some BQM's with 2 different modems Superhub 2ac (high ping) and Superhub 3 (high ping and packet loss) 

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

same issue in area 15 

0 Kudos
Freyrune
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I too have this problem as well, it was a bit better 2 days ago but now I can't play any games online without any horrible lag freeze.
This has been going on for a week, phoning their call center is like talking to a brick wall. They will always reply saying "Nothing is wrong".

0 Kudos
Londonjo
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Area 15, N4 Finsbury Park, same problem , download and upload speeds in tests ok. But games online unplayable after a few minutes with terrible rubberbanding and lag. Tested packet loss in Battlefield 5 and its through the roof. 

0 Kudos