cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Latency and Packet Loss on Super Hub 4

AndyK01
Joining in

Hi All

Recently since switching over to the Super Hub 4 I haven been experincing quite a lot of connection issues most notably a high amount of latency and packet loss when gaming on consoles.

This is has been an ongoing problem for the past few days and I have tried various diffrent methods to fix this such as turning the SH4 off and on and a full reset.

I set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BBQM) to mointor latency and packet loss and compared my graph to a friend who is also with Virgin Media where his is is normal my own graph is terrible to put it bluntly as shown below.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/fa8bf6ba33d03e7b95971c2b15e7675563...

This suggest there is a problem with the router or signal quality.

Please could someone look into this as soon as they can as it is making my online gaming experience unplayable.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AndyK01

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the broadband issues. I've checked the system and it does indeed need a technician visit. 

I've booked it in for the first available date and you can view this here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AndyK01

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the broadband issues. I've checked the system and it does indeed need a technician visit. 

I've booked it in for the first available date and you can view this here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John_GS

Thank you glad to be here.

No problem, thank you for replying back so quicky and identifying the issue, much appreciated.

Kind Regards

AndyK01

I am also having this same issue. I am playing video games on my pc on a wired connection. All the speeds are perfect, but I am getting up to 65% packetloss every 5-30 seconds. This causes the game to freeze for a few seconds each time, making it unplayable. This packetloss is not just limited to the one game and started happening as soon as we installed the new hub 4.

I have spoken to a virgin person over the phone and they spent ages trying to solve it for me, eventually telling me to write to you here.

Any help would be appreciated!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First thing to do is setup a BQM to record the packet loss. www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Also post the logs and power levels from the Hub for comment. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi TRODDA, 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your broadband. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate your account via your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi TRODDA, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to me via private message with your details as well as providing further information. 

Checking things at this end, I can see some the speedtests we run in the background have not picked up any download and I can also see some disconnections. 

We won't be able to fix this remotely so I have arranged for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM Just go to My Account > Track your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs