Menu
AlanFife
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

High Latency/Lag Spikes are back again.

having this issue since 11th January had been solved up until this week but its back and very angry, Latency is constantly spiking and online gaming is a no go area can one of you guys have a look in the area and see whats going on thanks.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/4b6fe35b864adb8aa3d0ac2125a2d9a6c5...
0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Latency/Lag Spikes are back again.

Hi AlanFife,

I've tried to check the area but couldn't locate your account. Just sent you a private message requesting some details so I can investigate further.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlanFife,

Thanks for messaging me with your details. I've now checked your connection and can see no issues from here. Your power levels are healthy, SNR completely stable and contention nice and low.

Have you tried the hub in modem mode since the packet loss has started?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
AlanFife
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well must be my imagination then as the BQM showing packet loss and spikes, TV service is also pixelating on both boxes but i will probably be told that my 3 month old TV is faulty like the last time, If there were any decent providers in my area i would be jumping ship but nothing here unless i drop down to a max of 20mb. I have tried everything i have an internal wired network all running CAT 7 Shielded Cables and this made no difference. Is it a networking issue as this area is well known for noise issues on lines or what else can we suggest? Most recent graph is linked below thanks.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e1f0e1206f467019ad80a20b50d7c2ac8c...

0 Kudos