Menu
Mattie453
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gloucester - Insane Packetloss today. Getting worse.

@Morpho53 wrote:
If you have the energy / patience, phone back and quote it's the same issues as work order 46889664 and get yourself added to that ticket. The more of us that are on it the sooner this will get accepted as an area wide issue. 🙂

I'm planning on it but what is the point in these forums if it's not to assist widespread issues like this, all the information one thread. Issues like these should be a wake-up call in how to efficiently deal with problems rather than having people on the phone taking through useless preliminary checks, and basically assuming each phone call is a unique issue, even if quoting a thread like this on the forums for instance

If everyone posts a BQM for example, that surely is enough proof in itself to warrant an immediate escalation.

The forums staff managed to somehow successfully avoid the old post for the entire time it was ongoing when this happened about 6 weeks ago.

0 Kudos
Morpho53
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Oh I agree entirely.

I can't speak for Virgin, but I guess this is a community space, for us to help each other and the occasional moderator to maybe have a look? That's all it served as last time.

It's a perfect way to show exactly who's being affected. And we probably have more evidence here than the call centres.

But while I agree that this should be a way to escalate the problem, we learnt last time that it isn't. This isn't a front door ticketing service. The only way escalation can happen is by calling.

I'm not suggesting everyone does all the checks, just phone, say you're having issues, you've seen this post, and it's exactly the same as that work order. Please add my complaint to it. That should be enough.

It may not be... But it really should be.

If we want a quicker fix we have to play their game. If that doesn't work... Well I won't stick around if this happens a third time. Virgin may have a monopoly on 100MB+ broadband in this area, but I'll settle for 50MB and no packet loss for gaming at half the price.

First I'd love to try and get this fixed once and for all though! Because fair play, until 6 weeks ago I'd been a happy customer for 6 years.

Highlighted
joelk2
Tuning in
Message 33 of 49
Flag for a moderator

same here for the past few nights.

netflix taking a hit too with the quality varying so much

also in the gloucester area.

only started BQM a little while ago.

[url=https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/77e2fd285a1cf7b51b92d006f988a473bf60b3e3-29-10-2018][img]https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/thumb/77e2fd285a1cf7b51b92d006f988a473bf60b3e3-29-10-2018.png[/img][/url]
0 Kudos
Telemanus
Joining in
Message 34 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Cheltenham GL51 reporting in.. should I make my own post or piggy back on this Gloucester thread..?

Gigantic spikes of upload packet loss every 10-30 seconds. Unplayable. 

0 Kudos
TheBillend
Tuning in
Message 35 of 49
Flag for a moderator

I'm also in Gl51 area.. it started last night for me, constant lag spikes when playing  WL on fifa and bo4, Ive gave up.. powering through red dead redemption 2 now I hope they fix this soon if this happens a third time im changing ISP.

0 Kudos
SighAgain
Dialled in
Message 36 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Not that it matters, just being nosey but I assume everyone popping in with issues also had issues approx six weeks ago? 

0 Kudos
RockandGrohl
Tuning in
Message 37 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Cheltenham GL51.. This **bleep**.. AGAIN. I'm about to move house. Looks like it's BT for me! Virgin, you're literally losing customers over this. CMON.

0 Kudos
JeebsFX
Tuning in
Message 38 of 49
Flag for a moderator

@SighAgain wrote:

Not that it matters, just being nosey but I assume everyone popping in with issues also had issues approx six weeks ago? 

Aye.. although last time I spent a long time checking all my local hardware and connections, after contacting VM and not being able to resolve the issue today I was coming here as a last resort and stumbled across this thread, had no idea it was affecting such a wide area 😑

0 Kudos
Morpho53
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Yup. The symptoms seem precisely the same as 6 weeks ago. Except even more frequent spikes for me this time.

To newer people on the thread that may not have read back (sorry for sounding like a broken record if you have), do give customer support a call, say you're having issues in the Gloucestershire area and have seen this thread, and want to have your issues added to work order 46889664.

No need to go through the attempts to fix. But we learned last time that calling was the only way to get this escalated. So the more people that do, the sooner this'll get looked into.

I hope......

0 Kudos
FortniteBR
Tuning in
Message 40 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully this'll be faster to resolve since it's the last problem 6 weeks ago. Something to do with the Bristol virgin media route which effects the 05 area code. When we esclated the issue, it seemed to of got resolved within 24hours and without notice, so hopefully we can use the last thread as reference.