Menu
David_1012
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Getting NAT 2 on PS4

Hi 

I’ve got two PS4 consoles both hardwired into a super hub 3.0 via Ethernet cables. 

I can’t get a NAT 2 connection on one of the boxes. Always reverts to NAT 3. Have tried reserving an IP address, creating a DMZ and port forwarding on TCP UP as suggested in other forums. All to no avail 

is it because there are two connected at once ??

Generally one gets NAT 2 mostly 

Any suggestions appreciated

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting NAT 2 on PS4

they this Settings-->Network Settings--->Media Server Connection--->Disable via ps4

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Highlighted
David_1012
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but I think that’s a fix on the PS3 ?

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

it is but its near the same settings for the ps4 or it you can change the ip settings to google servers on pc it changes on your ps4 i have that settings on my pc and i have open net with xbox one having that settings to google servers

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@David_1012 wrote:

Hi 

I’ve got two PS4 consoles both hardwired into a super hub 3.0 via Ethernet cables. 

I can’t get a NAT 2 connection on one of the boxes. Always reverts to NAT 3. Have tried reserving an IP address, creating a DMZ and port forwarding on TCP UP as suggested in other forums. All to no avail 

is it because there are two connected at once ??

Generally one gets NAT 2 mostly 

Any suggestions appreciated

With two consoles on the same LAN they will often be using the same ports, so you need a router that does a good job of managing UPNP in order to ensure the correct traffic goes to the correct console. Unfortunately the VM hubs do not have a good reputation when it comes to UPNP, even the latest Hub 3.0. The best solution is usually to get a third party router and put the hub into modem mode.

I have seen the R7000 that I use recommended on an Xbox forum as being good for multiple consoles and I have used PS3s and PS4s on it with no NAT issues.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I second that re get your own router, way better for gaming in the long run than using just a SH3 in router mode.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
keasy
Up to speed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Assign each console an internal manual/static IP via their MAC addresses. Don't go near UPNP.

0 Kudos
mjpartyboy
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@keasy wrote:

Assign each console an internal manual/static IP via their MAC addresses. Don't go near UPNP.

This still won't work, because then you need to set up manual port forwarding and two devices cannot use the same ports at the same time. So, you'll still only have one device with an Open NAT.

If you want multiple consoles on the same network with an Open NAT, then you need a router with firmware that properly handles UPnP and you have to use UPnP to manage the ports. I've never found any other solution to this set up.