Menu
Deanpizzala
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Gaming with hub 3

Hi, I'm totally new to virgin media and have an engineer coming round on the 30th October to set everything up. I was just wondering what everyone's experience is with the hub 3.0 while gaming on ps4/xbox? Any issues that I should be aware of? I've heard there's quite a lot of faults with the hub 3.0 and was just wondering if this is true and if so how can it be fixed?

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gaming with hub 3

The SH3 is useless for gaming. IMO.

Put the SH3 into modem mode, and get your own router.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Deanpizzala
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response! Do you think it would be possible to request a SH2ac before they come and install? I've heard people say it's better than the SH3

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dont bother with the SH2AC, there wont work with the FASTER speeds.

The SH3 works well in Modem mode, ie its works just a modem, its the Router part thats useless. Not enough computing power.

Its only got an INTEL Atom processor in it.

SH3 modem mode, and your owner router is fine. That how i roll.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.