cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming lag

l3igh
Tuning in

Hi all. Ive been with VM for about 6 months and always had issues with lag whilst gaming. I have given top trying to game as its that bad and I've been fobbed off by VM saying there are no issues. 

is there anything I can try? Can I leave sighting that I'm not getting a suitable service?

TIA

22 REPLIES 22

So, an engineer was supposed to attended today between 8 and 12. Told I would be fined £25 if appointment missed. Guess what? No engineer turned up. Wonder if I can charge VM £25 for the inconvenience. 
Think I’ll submit and official complaint now. Terrible customer service. 

Hi L3igh, sorry to hear of your missing technicians appointment! 

Thank you for raising a complaint so we can look into this further for you, if you haven't done this already you can do so here

Having looked at your account I can see that there was a technician who attended on the 6th - the day of your posting. Can you confirm if someone did attend and support resolve the issue?

If it was the case that an appointment was missed you would be covered under our auto-compensation scheme. There is more information about this here 

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help! All the best. 

Molly

Yes. Someone did indeed come out. He was late however. My wife was walking out of the front door to leave the hose to go shopping 15 minutes after the appointment time when the tech turned up. He fitted something to the hub. Guess what? No improvement at all. 

I will have submitted a complaint form last week. No replies or even an acknowledgment. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi l3igh,

Thank you for responding and welcome back to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that your issues still persist with our broadband.

From reviewing your account I can still see currently your power levels could attribute to a hindrance to your service.

I'll drop you a PM to iron out a few details as it looks like we'll need to assign to our skilled tech team.

Thanks

Kain

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@l3igh wrote:

So, an engineer was supposed to attended today between 8 and 12. Told I would be fined £25 if appointment missed. Guess what? No engineer turned up. Wonder if I can charge VM £25 for the inconvenience. 
Think I’ll submit and official complaint now. Terrible customer service. 

Yes, you do get £25 (and an extra 18p).  Sometimes the automatic compensation is indeed automatic, sometimes customers have to complain to get compensation, and in a few instances they have to complain, get fobbed off, and then use the industry complaint adjudication scheme CISAS.

l3igh
Tuning in

So 2 engineer visits. First one fitted a 10db filter. Made a little improvement. Was called by virgin about 2 weeks later to tell me it was the wrong filter. They came back out and fitted a 6db filter. This has made things worse. I had to use my iPhone as a personal hotspot to be able to watch Netflix and a couple of other streaming apps as virgin constantly lagging and freezing. 
I raised a complaint but they are denying they have received it. How do I cancel? 

Thanks for coming back to us @l3igh and I'm really sorry to hear that your issues are still ongoing.

If you would like to cancel your services, you would need to speak to the team on 150 or 0345 454 1111, you can also text us on 0753 305 1809 or on WhatsApp using 0730 532 7112. Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of these services but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.

Regards

Steven_L

Still rubbish. can't wait to leave. 

Fifa has been my issue with virgin pal, all my pals who play it can’t believe how **bleep**e it plays, No ai movement, players slow as **bleep** like they run in mud , defenders parting the works , gues what that doesn’t happen to opponent,

hey test hotspot as your connection via phone it’ll be totally different and responsive,

this shouldn’t be case I even bought nighthawk router marginally better.

there own engineer told me to leave say no more

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi l3igh, 

Thanks for getting back in touch and I am sorry to hear you feel this way. 

On checking things from our side, we can see device has flagged a stability issue but that it has also been powered without a reboot for an extended period of time. we would recommend rebooting the equipment regularly especially when experiencing issues. 

Can you please reboot the equipment and let us know once its complete? We will then check to see if the equipment is still showing an issue. 

Thank you

Nat