cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming feels really bad

Samm12321
Tuning in

Hello,

I've tried to get help with this issue using live chat, calling technical support and having an engineer round, but I'm still dealing with these issues daily.

So my connection overall is pretty good (500mb/s), the speeds and everything are what I expect, however when I'm gaming the connection feels pretty horrible. I always feel like I'm a second behind and my actions are delayed. For fps games where every second counts, this is terrible.

I have tried the connection through WiFi and ethernet and get the same results. Ive also put the SH4 in modem mode and used my netduma router, but still have the delayed feeling on all games i play (apex, rocket league, cod)

I had a technician come round who said the power levels on the hub seemed high and then 'fixed' this, but it did absolutely nothing to the connection, so I'm not even sure what he did.

My ping in games seems to fluctuate up and down constantly with huge (150+ms) spikes now and again. I'll attach a few screenshot below

I'd love to get some help with this issue and hopfully get it fixed if possible and it's driving me mad

Thanks

98f1cc5ed50a4b6c4a21a9cfb87318b8086a22fa.png

Screenshot_20220914-135952_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220914-140211_Speedtest.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

Samm12321
Tuning in

98f1cc5ed50a4b6c4a21a9cfb87318b8086a22fa.png

9125f896ca60a8827a64e057d41546e7465e8d30-13-09-2022.png

 Here's the day before

Honestly the BQM doesn't look that bad for a docsis connection. You'll no doubt be asked to post the stats from the router to check power levels etc, but at first glance you look about as good as it gets.

--------------------------------------------------------
Look behind you, a three-headed monkey

It's annoying because although the BQM does look OK, I can feel lag every game I play, like my character is weighed down and there's a delay with my actions. I walked over something to pick it up and I have to press it 3 times for it register, bullet reg is delayed, stuff like that.

It just doesn't feel smooth like it should. Obviously if my stats look good enough then virgin are just gonna think I'm making stuff up. So I probably just need to switch, it's not worth this hassle. Thanks for the reply tho 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Samm12321,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're seeing high latency/ping in your online gaming. As mentioned by @Guybrush85, the BQM you've provided doesn't look all that bad. There is some packet loss on your second screenshot, but this can be for various factors such as a Hub/Modem Reboot. I've ran checks on our end, and there don't appear to be any issues identified.

You've mentioned you use your own Modem, do these issues persist when you use the Super Hub 4 directly through Router Mode?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes the issue persists no matter what router i use or whether I use WiFi or ethernet. It just feels like there is something wrong with the line, not sure if it's to do with ping or jitter or what but I feel a second behind everyone else and the latency isn't consistent 

Obviously if you've done the tests and can't see any issues then I'm basically stuck with a bad connection, which I can feel everyday regardless of what the tests say 🙃 

Hi Samm12321,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry to see you still haven't found a fix and your stats, speed doesn't point to any issues, we can only advise monitoring the connection.

Regards

Paul.

I have a feeling my superhub 4 could be faulty and the reason for the stutters/lag I'm experiencing, as the graphs don't look too bad, but I'm telling you my gaming experience sucks right now.

Could this be arranged?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Samm12321,

Thank you for your reply. 

Are you only having issues when gaming or are any other devices experiencing dropouts/connection issues? 

Nat