cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games unplayable

Colinwm86
On our wavelength

951d0cb4f0e8f4c4c6977dbfaefa742c1acbf0a1.png

So again I sign onto my ps5 to chill and play some games but no my connection is rubbish again constant freezing from I went from 350m to 1gig it’s been horrible yes the connection downloads the games fast.  But what’s the point in downloading games you can’t even play sick and tired of virgins connection.  Plugged in via Ethernet. 

34 REPLIES 34

I’m using Ethernet not WiFi.  Hopefully this can be resolved as it’s driving me crazy.  I have my channels named 2.4 and 5ghz so I know what I’m connected too would that cause issues as well ? 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Colinwm86,

Thanks for your post, I have checked your stats and power levels and they all look fine, this could be due to you rebooting earlier today, I have also checked the area latency, there are no oversubscriptions and it all appears to be okay on that end.

Is it just your PS5 that is having issues? Is this the connection mentioned above that is via ethernet?

Zoie

Colinwm86
On our wavelength

PS5 and my son said the same was happening to him only on WiFi via PS4.  Download speeds are fine, upload like to bounce about for some reason.  My hub 3 on 350m would get up to speed and stay there but this hub 4 seems to go up and down 

Colinwm86
On our wavelength

B99E6E45-E846-433F-83C5-A5F7AA8C2EE4.png

BQM for today 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

is it just online games that are unplayable? Is it certain games? How is it when you play on a wired connection?

Do you have the live link to the BQM?

Zoie

Colinwm86
On our wavelength

Yes online games I’m on ps5 wired and my son is PS4 wireless I’m playing warzone and my sons playing black ops 4 and fortnite.

Colinwm86
On our wavelength
[url=https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/951d0cb4f0e8f4c4c6977dbfaefa742c1acbf0a1]My Broadband Ping[/url] 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/951d0cb4f0e8f4c4c6977dbfaefa742c1acbf0a1

Not sure if this is right or not 🤔 

Thanks for coming back to us.

Is it just the consoles that are having issues or the other connections/devices?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Colinwm86
On our wavelength

Downloading is fine etc it’s when I need a stable connection for the likes of gaming my connection doesn’t like it.