cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games Unplayable due to packet loss

nichar62
Joining in

For over a month now I have been experiencing terrible lag and packet loss while gaming. It has become impossible to go a single game without my connection dropping and being kicked from the game. My connection is also dropping on other devices such as phones. This seems to be getting worse and worse as the days go on.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9baf378d8c7aff99887e1642b1276c1422d4775e

15 REPLIES 15

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi nichar62,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a warm welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you're having some problems with your broadband connection.

I've been able to locate your account using your Forum Details, and I can see that there are some issues with your connection. I'd like to book a technician visit for you. I'll just need to confirm a few details with you via Private Message, please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Hello,

We had an engineer change the cable today and the replace the hub3 with a new one and still we are getting constant drop outs and high latency. What is going on?!

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/96bcac56f04d7416a9d65ffe9b4684fa39...

I'd guess an amplifier fault on VM coax network.  Swapping the hub won't make any difference.

Is that something that can be fixed? The spikes on my BQM are off the charts, literally at times. If it cannot be fixed I must surely be entitled to cancel the contract early without penalty right? 

Hi nichar62

Sorry that this is still ongoing 

Can I ask if it is also happening on other devices and not just online gaming 

Gareth_L

Yes it is happening on all devices but most noticeable on the ps5 whilst gaming as it constantly disconnects when playing online which is extremely frustrating. It's so unreliable that I have had to resort to tethering from my phone using 4g to play online now.

As you can see from the BQM, it only seems to be getting worse by the day.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/a523bf217de98c265fbb84a12c865ffd08242875-30-08-2021

Thanks for replying nichar62

So I can look at this in a bit more detail

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello nichar62

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you 

Looking at your account I've managed to find that your connection is being troubled by an area issue. This issue isn't one we'll show online due to the nature of the issue, so I'll explain what that is and what we're doing to fix it.
The issue is related to an unexpected rise in broadband use on your network, with the mass increase of smart phone and tablets and people working from home

The reference number for this is F009247504  and we have an estimated fix time of the 9th September 

You can pop back on here for updates

Gareth_L

Can I get an update please? It is still cutting out every other minute and it is driving us all insane. Looks like it's no closer to being fixed.