cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTA V online on PS4

D18pkk
Tuning in

I can’t get online on GTA, saying files required to play gta online could not be downloaded from the rockstar games services.

Anyone having this issue ? It was working fine few days ago, also works fine on hotspot on my mobile but when I try WiFi on virgin media it’s not working. I have done all the troubleshooting possible but not able to figure out why I can’t get online on GTA when I connect to WiFi or LAN. Are virgin media blocking any ports ? 

12 REPLIES 12

Kellumbo
Tuning in

I have same issue I contacted rockstar and they said about ports I need open I done a diagnostic test and my ports failed to 80 tcp8080 and a few more this is why it's not working I tried port forwarding but this didn't work been in a chat with virgin since yesterday getting passed about not solved yet have you managed to fix this yet currently in playing off mobile data instead

hi, 

i have the ports that should be open to which i have tried and also been in contact with Virgin Media and their Gadget Support rescue but they were also unable to resolve the issue.

PlayStation Network uses the following ports for communication with game servers:

• Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 443 (TCP)
  • Port 3478 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 3479 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 3480 (TCP)

GTA Online requires the following ports to be open:

• Port 6672 (UDP)
  • Port 61455 (UDP)
  • Port 61457 (UDP)
  • Port 61456 (UDP)
  • Port 61458 (UDP)

i have tried everything possible but still not able to get online on GTA, all my other games work online without any issues and i can only play GTA online when i use my mobile Hotspot so it's definitely Virgin blocking something as this was working for me before the 3rd Jan 2021. 

Hi its the same for me yesterday virgin resent a link to my router I got online for 3 hrs then it went down again im awaiting tech team to get back again 

hi,

do you know what the link was ? its strange I've tried everything, even changing DNS to google servers, port forwarding, turning firewall off, assigning a static ip address. 

No I tried everything myself then after waiting 4 days finally got tech team he took serial number of box told me to turn off disconnect cables then reboot he was resending signals he did this and it worked then I told my son he went on his and it wasnt working I logged back into mine and it had stopped ive tried doing the steps again to no joy its really annoying coz running 3 computers of mobile data is frustrating I am in queue for tech team again if I have any luck I will let u know

Hello, 

any luck with virgin media ? 

This has just happened to me now. As of about a week ago. Spoke to rockstar who weren’t particularly helpful but we tried google as dns etc. Only happens with Rockstar and can’t get online. Check the IPN that Virgin have given me and it appears to be blacklisted on some sites. Wondered if I’ve just been unlucky and now have a previously abused IP address.

Put Router (hub 3) into modem mode and it worked perfectly. Put it back to router mode, turned off the firewall but still no connection. 

Has anyone as yet had a resolution from Virgin?

Also, is there a customer support email address or something I can contact them with as I’m not good on the phone.

Tosneyno1
Joining in

has anyone had a resolution on this, I have the same issue. Virgin just havent got  a clue?? 

Tosneyno1
Joining in

did you get a resolution on this? I now have the same issue and virgin are clueless