cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTA/Rockstargames Connection issues

Mishmosh1
On our wavelength

I’ve been having trouble both connecting to Grand Theft Auto Online lobbies as well as their servers. I did a ping test using command prompt, where 4 packets were sent but 0 were received and were at 100 percent loss. 

I’ve tried resetting my router and even unplugging it but have had no luck. This occurs on both my PS5 & Xbox Series X. Their website also just doesn’t want to load for me either. 

I’ve tested whether it was my accounts but It works fine when I use my phones data for a hotspot. 

15 REPLIES 15

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mishmosh1

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm sorry to hear it seems like your IP was blocked. That is not ideal. Were you able to access the new router control panel using the links @crany provided?

Please keep us posted on how you're getting on 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

Mishmosh1
On our wavelength

Thanks. I kept getting conflicting information but this worked. 

Hi there, thanks for the reply. 

I managed to get onto the routers control panel. I’m currently have some issues with forwarding some ports for both my Xbox & PlayStation consoles. 

Some of the ports that I’m trying to use are the same, just with the console IP address. (Being the only difference). I just keep getting this error message "port conflict with another service". 

I appreciate the replies everyone 🙂

Port Forwarding only works with one device at a time, so two devices cannot use the same port at the same time via this method.

For multiple consoles that need to use the same ports at the same time, such as more than one Xbox or Xbox and PlayStation combos, etc, you need to use UPnP to allow them to connect to the respective services at the same time.

I don't know how good the Super Hub's UPnP implementation is or whether it can achieve an Open NAT for multiple gaming consoles connected to their respective services at the same time with UPnP, but a decent, third-party router will be able to do this.
SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node

To setup UPnP as mjpatyboy suggests on your router you can see this help artical https://kb.netgear.com/24306/How-do-I-enable-Universal-Plug-and-Play-on-my-Nighthawk-router

Mishmosh1
On our wavelength

Would you recommend that I remove all the ports that I manually previously added and just have UpnP enabled?