cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GAMING LAG

d34_hap
Joining in

Hello I’ve seen a lot of comments on GAMING LAG and you’ve told them the same answer basically . That there no problem in the area.. well there maybe no problem in the area but there an massive problem with virgin internet if this is happening. 

I left EE fibre 2 (55mbps) and that was perfect.

and joined volt 1gb . Games don’t even log into server quick. 

and by the way I don’t get 1000mbps I get around 450 to 500 at best of times but you say there not a problem in the area …

so what is the problem? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RedGooner
Super solver

Your area could be over utilisation of capacity.

What area are you ??

Do you game on Wired or Wifi ??

If Wifi 2.4GHz or 5GHz ??

PC or Console ??

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

RedGooner
Super solver

Your area could be over utilisation of capacity.

What area are you ??

Do you game on Wired or Wifi ??

If Wifi 2.4GHz or 5GHz ??

PC or Console ??

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

shouldn’t be must utilisation of capacity

Live in Barnsley area

Ps5 was Wi-Fi and now cable . 

What could the problem be ? 

Not sure why this answer is marked as helpful as imo it's wrong. My BQM has been stable for a good while and since early/mid August has changed. Regards over utilisation, I get just as many issues at 0300 in the a.m. as I do at 1500 pm. My issues also involve my TV pixelating as well which has been happening for longer so how can that be over-utilisation? My gaming has NEVER been on wifi - always wired and a direct link from the Hub to the console. Two consoles playing at different times, two different cables from same hub - same problem? Imo it's a systemic issue that we've seen previously - Last time they blamed it on the thinkbroadband.com site monitors then mysteriously it cleared up - and that was UK wide.

Hi d34_hap,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband service. 

Are you able to test the service on a computer or laptop via a cable connection?

^Martin