Menu
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Final Fantasy XIV (90002), several disconnects a night.

try opening the ports on your router to this

UDP :55296-55551 and TCP :80, 8080, 443, 55296-55551 FFXIV use, be sure to forward them by your router, also I added them to exclusion rules in my windows firewall.
Also if you use Avast be sure to add the file directory of the game to the exclusions of the antivirus.
The logging problems (world full) won’t go away, but in case you are able to login you won’t be disconnected, hope it works for you.

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
edd31
Tuning in
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I'll give it a shot, thanks buddy
0 Kudos
Mossero
Joining in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I see the last post on this was 3 weeks ago. I am in the exact same boat as Edd. I would even parrot his speech about holding Virgin Media in high regard and I am reluctant to leave but ultimately FFXIV is a massive part of my internet usage and if I'm forced to move to a different ISP I will. I'm not exactly happy with all the price hikes from Virgin anyway, what am I paying it for if I can't use it the way it was intended.

I would really appreciate a response from this thread.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Good morning, Mossero.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your internet service for your Final Fantasy XIV game.

Are you using wired or wireless connection? Please let us know, we'd love to help you.

Thanks,

Anna_B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Mucka82
Tuning in
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Funny thing is that i have the same issue on the PS4 with FFXIV.

I must disconnect about 6 times a day/night. Im using wired and have opened all PSN ports.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mucka82,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry that you've been having this issue on your PS4 and with FFXIV

Have you been experiencing any other issues with your broadband connection on other devices in the household? Do you experience any drops in connection on other wired devices or via Wi-Fi?

I'd also be intrigued to know if other services on your PS4 have been affected, are you able to stream Netflix without any hiccups for instance?

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Mait3rz
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I had these exact same issues you guys are describing but with Elderscrolls online. This was going on for years and would often cause me to quit playing the game. Back and forth between virgin and the devs, devs would always end up referring me to Virgin. Virgin would always say everything was up and running fine.

tried multiple things to fix it and the only one that worked:

I placed the superhub into modem mode, and linked it directly to my pc. Tested for a few hours without any disconnection problems.

bought a new router, placed the superhub into modem mode and was playing all weekend without a single disconnect. 

Im not saying this will definitely fix the issue, but worth trying the superhub in modem mode with a direct link(not sure if this will work on a console).

alternatively if you have a router laying around you can try set this up with the superhub in modem mode and see if it helps. 

0 Kudos
Sean21
Joining in
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I am also having disconnects too even with the Superhub 2ac which is weird because i never had these before, its not only Final Fantasy XIV that i get Disconnect from, its also World of Warcraft and elder scrolls online i wish they would post something about how to sort it out.

0 Kudos