Menu
edd31
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Final Fantasy XIV (90002), several disconnects a night.

Hi guys,

I've been doing a lot of research for some time now, having played FFXIV intermittently before finally making it my 'main game' towards the end of 2018. I get several disconnections a night and after going back and forth with SquareEnix for some time, and having read many of other peoples issues, Virgin Media is the common denominator. I have a lot of friends who play FFXIV but none of their isp's are VM. You don't hear or read any of these issues elsewhere or on any other forums. All roads are leading here. I'm yet to see anybody come up with an actual solution besides leaving the ISP, and that is something that I'm keen to avoid because VM have always been great to me. My internet never ever drops and I don't disconnect from anything other than the game itself. 

I'll link the same spiel that everybody else does but ultimately, it doesn't warrant a fix, does it? We're all in here suffering with the same issues and it's maddening to think this has gone on for as long as it has. I found myself reading the article https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/An-open-letter-to-VM-regarding-Final-Fantasy-XIV/... in hope there would be some answers and a fix to this.

Software Version   "V2.01.12"
Hardware Version   1.03ea6f02a2938d6541e19c2f56348b7eeb.png

I play via PC and I'm on a wired connection.

List of actions I've taken in attempt to fix this issue:
-Resetting router to factory default.
-Turning off Port Scan Detection, IP Flood Detection
-Turning on PPTP Pass-Through, Multicast Pass-Through in the Superhub page.
-Reinstalling Computer's LAN driver.
-Flushing DNS.

I have had many e-mails with SquareEnix and they have offered all of their solutions and this is really what it comes down to now. I really hope you guys can do something, I understand that FFXIV players are a minority and dare I say it; not a priority? but that doesn't make this okay. People shouldn't be looking at alternative ISP's or being forced to spend money on modems or routers or whatever it is, just to be able to play something they enjoy (and also pay a monthly subscription for). It isn't fair. I really hope you guys can fix this.

Yours, 

A sad and frustrated Edd 

edd31
Tuning in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Final Fantasy XIV (90002), several disconnects a night.

Am I even going to get a response in regards to this? 

Mystic
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Shocking that you originally posted two weeks ago and not had a reply.

I just want to say that I had these issues in my last property and after much complaining, it seemed to somehow be resolved. Now that I am in a new property with a new connection, it's started doing it again and like you, I'm less than pleased.

It's happening to me at least three times a night and my other half who also plays the game, gets disconnected at the same time with the 90002 error.

If it's not resolved soon, I'm likely to be looking at another provider as this is clearly not a fault on our end, when as you said, all routes lead to VM themselves.

*edit*
I've just had a thought that hadn't occurred to me before now. When I moved, they couldn't get my old router working on their network for some reason (was fine in the old place the day before), but they supplied a new router. A few people have mentioned a firmware update which I think might have been what resolved my connection instability before. How do I go about getting this again to update my router if it that is required?

edd31
Tuning in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I don't really know what to suggest, to be honest. I'm not sure if it's worth opening a new threat entirely or just actively posting in this one until somebody notices? Either way, this sucks.

0 Kudos
Mystic
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I think this thread needs to be kept near the top until someone actively replies to it from the Virgin Media Team, three weeks and still nothing. Not only that, hopefully others with similar issues will also comment here too. 

0 Kudos
edd31
Tuning in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate your comments and determination, Mystic, I really do. Sadly, I think if they had the answers or a 'fix' for this, something would have been said by now. I imagine most people with the same issues have either quit the game or have changed ISP. It seems the only solution is the latter. I've always held Virgin Media in very high regard and I don't have any issues outside of the game. I've taken this up with Square Enix as far as I could but as I mentioned before; all roads are leading here. 

I don't expect a response and I'll likely have to jump on the bandwagon and what seems to be the only cure and look at another ISP. 

Edd

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello edd31

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with Final Fantasy XIV

I have checked the signal levels on your account and they are all okay 

Are you able to connect a single PC, Laptop by ethernet from our hub please 

Then run both a traceroute and a ping test to 209.130.141.243 and post the results on this thread 

Regards 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
edd31
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for getting back to me! I'm already connected directly to the hub via ethernet.

I've attached hopefully what you're looking for. I hope this can shed some light and hopefully resolve in a fix soon.
virgin media 2.png

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks edd31

I will have a look at this and get back to you as soon as possible 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
edd31
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Any updates?
0 Kudos