cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIX FOR PS4 LAG SPIKES - WORKING FOR MANY

KierBrook
On our wavelength

Okay so i have and lag spikes for a week myself and with no help form Virgin went to try and fix via trial and error. 

After a few hours i have a fix and have already had confirmed from various users on Twitter that this also works for them. 

Please see the guide below and let us know if it worked for you by commenting on here. 

Go onto your router settings. (The IP address by default is 192.168.0.1. If you want to use your own router and put the hub into modem mode then the internal address for the hub will change to 192.168.100.1)

Down the left hand side click on advanced settings. 

Then wireless

Then wireless signal

Now change the settings in here to exactly as shown in the attached photograph. IMG_20180811_123647.jpg

Change it all to match what i have there mate then apply changes then PS4 should log out of network by itself and resign in by itself a few moments later.

Mine was all set up to auto on the router settings and different channels but once i changed to all them settings PS4 lag spikes literally disappeared straight away and managed to get a gaming session all last night for around 4 hours no lag spikes at all

That's IT 

HOPEFULLY WORKS FOR YOU ALL AND LETS YOU ALL GET BACK ONLINE ASAP. LET US KNOW!

58 REPLIES 58

It won't affect them no as far as I'm aware

All my other devices automatically just logged back into the network after disconnecting from it for a few seconds 

If you split and change the wifi names from the default - ALL devices will need to reconnect again.

The step's provided by many on the forum are not "connection breaking" steps.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Gig1 | Hub 5 Modem Mode | Asus RT-AX86U | Asus RT-AC86U

kieranmurph1
Joining in

Any other solutions for this problem? I copied the settings in the photo and I still have the exact same lag on Fifa that make the game unplayable. When i switched to my mobile hotspot I had no issues whatsoever.

Unfortunately not. The method I provided was the only thing that j found that actually worked. 

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@kieranmurph1 wrote:

Any other solutions for this problem? I copied the settings in the photo and I still have the exact same lag on Fifa that make the game unplayable. When i switched to my mobile hotspot I had no issues whatsoever.

Using an Ethernet connection rather than wireless is a solution and even the best wireless connection will have more lag than a wired one.  If a direct cable is not possible then powerline adapters work better than wireless for some people.  These use the electrical wiring in your house to create a wired network without the need for long cables.  They are rarely as fast as the manufacturer's claim but are a lot more stable and less prone to interference than wireless and gaming is more about stability than high speeds. Some powerline adapter reviews here:
https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/network-wifi/best-powerline-adapters-3490638/  

The other option is a third party router that has better wireless performance than the VM hub and stick the hub into modem mode.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

the smart wifi is still affecting people.

I guess that fix server side they did last year is broken again.

muhammadali
Joining in

does this work for xbox?

Worth a try. I don't have one but if this problem still exists then give the original settings a try. 

Can't harm anything. 

gonna bump this thread.

helped many and still see people having problems.