cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIX FOR PS4 LAG SPIKES - WORKING FOR MANY

KierBrook
On our wavelength

Okay so i have and lag spikes for a week myself and with no help form Virgin went to try and fix via trial and error. 

After a few hours i have a fix and have already had confirmed from various users on Twitter that this also works for them. 

Please see the guide below and let us know if it worked for you by commenting on here. 

Go onto your router settings. (The IP address by default is 192.168.0.1. If you want to use your own router and put the hub into modem mode then the internal address for the hub will change to 192.168.100.1)

Down the left hand side click on advanced settings. 

Then wireless

Then wireless signal

Now change the settings in here to exactly as shown in the attached photograph. IMG_20180811_123647.jpg

Change it all to match what i have there mate then apply changes then PS4 should log out of network by itself and resign in by itself a few moments later.

Mine was all set up to auto on the router settings and different channels but once i changed to all them settings PS4 lag spikes literally disappeared straight away and managed to get a gaming session all last night for around 4 hours no lag spikes at all

That's IT 

HOPEFULLY WORKS FOR YOU ALL AND LETS YOU ALL GET BACK ONLINE ASAP. LET US KNOW!

58 REPLIES 58

Will the fix be in the form of a firmware update?

so its confirmed channel optimization is the problem?

Maybe a firmware upgrade to fix a few lines of code. - cant be done any other way.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Gig1 | Hub 5 Modem Mode | Asus RT-AX86U | Asus RT-AC86U

Where is this fix then, can anyone advise on what it is

James_W
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

It’s a change in the way channel optimisation works, which doesn’t require a firmware update, just a change on the platform.

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks James,

has it been implemented?

Derri
On our wavelength

Hey

So what exactly does changing these options do and what impact does it have for using other devices? I've never experimented with these settings before so I don't really know how they would help the issues. 

I'm just looking for a bit more a detailed explanation. 

ThorpyD
Tuning in

Out of curiosity has anyone with an Xbox one X tried this / would it make a difference? 

Got VM 200mb connected by Ethernet and most games run fairly well but there is constant speed lag with Fifa 19 and as mentioned in this topic previously its difficult speaking with Virgin directly for assistance.

Thanks

You can still follow the steps in this thread. They are not "Connection Breaking" steps.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Gig1 | Hub 5 Modem Mode | Asus RT-AX86U | Asus RT-AC86U

JAMSROO7
Dialled in

will this only be beneficial for wireless gaming

uzair789
Joining in
hey, I just wanted to know if I changed these settings would it affect my wifi connection to other devices as I am worried my dad may shout at me if it messes up? thanks