cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIX FOR PS4 LAG SPIKES - WORKING FOR MANY

KierBrook
On our wavelength

Okay so i have and lag spikes for a week myself and with no help form Virgin went to try and fix via trial and error. 

After a few hours i have a fix and have already had confirmed from various users on Twitter that this also works for them. 

Please see the guide below and let us know if it worked for you by commenting on here. 

Go onto your router settings. (The IP address by default is 192.168.0.1. If you want to use your own router and put the hub into modem mode then the internal address for the hub will change to 192.168.100.1)

Down the left hand side click on advanced settings. 

Then wireless

Then wireless signal

Now change the settings in here to exactly as shown in the attached photograph. IMG_20180811_123647.jpg

Change it all to match what i have there mate then apply changes then PS4 should log out of network by itself and resign in by itself a few moments later.

Mine was all set up to auto on the router settings and different channels but once i changed to all them settings PS4 lag spikes literally disappeared straight away and managed to get a gaming session all last night for around 4 hours no lag spikes at all

That's IT 

HOPEFULLY WORKS FOR YOU ALL AND LETS YOU ALL GET BACK ONLINE ASAP. LET US KNOW!

58 REPLIES 58

@RedGooner You owe that to your ASUS beasty. Having said that the hub 3 actually works fairly well once the wifi settings are manually altered, as experienced by many in this thread.

Bump for maximum visibility

Xanthiax
Just joined

You have literally saved our lives.

This had been an issue for us for a week.  We'd been on the phone to Virgin maybe 6 times before we found this and the issue is now fixed.

Virgin were completely useless though.  They told us we'd have to pay for a booster - even though the internet has been faultless for 12 months and nothing has changed or moved in our home or setup.

We eventually spoke to Depali Gupta, a manager in the Virgin Media Faults Team.  Completely useless.  Why don't these companies hire people who actually know what they're doing?  If I wanted to call someone for a completely useless chat I'd call my in-laws.

Depali told us that the issue was 100% that we needed a booster and we'd have to pay for it.  We explained several times that it was NOT a booster issue but her computer says "booster issue" so no amount of reasoning otherwise would help us.

After 20 minutes of pointless chit chat I said I wanted to make a complaint, can she put me through to the complaints team.  "We don't have one".  I asked several times whether they had a telephone complaints team and she repeatedly told me no.

What company this size doesn't have a telephone complaints team?

She tells me I have to write.  So I ask her what I would do if I were blind.  She says I should get someone to help me.  I ask what I do if I have no one.  "Well you can make as many excuses as you like".

Apparently being blind is an excuse, not a disability.

After looking online though, they of course have a telephone complaints department.  IT'S THE SAME NUMBER I WAS ON.

Rant over.

going to test now

KierBrook
On our wavelength

I'm still lag free and extremely happy this has helped for so many people across the UK 

I too was having problems with Virgin and they too were completely useless somsometimes you just got to fix it yourselves. 

Unfortunately that's the world we live in now 😞 

Keep posting here if it worked for you and of course for maximum visibility as I'm sure many others are ripping their hair out when they experience consistent lag spikes 

Thankyou everyone 

foogie
Tuning in

You sir, are a genius. This fix works even on PC!

I was skeptical to try this at first, coz in my mind, the lag spikes should have nothing to do with the wireless configuration. 

I was previously suffering from consistent lag spikes of about 500+ to 900+ on games like Battlefield 1 on PC. PUBG was unplayable. 

After applying the fix, I have now a consistent stable latency of just 27-40. Tried it for a few weeks already, and IT TOTALLY WORKS. 

PUBG playable now (so I can't blame the internet for dying anymore, only my own noobness). 

Just a note to the rest that the channel band selection depends on where you are staying at the moment. Just use a Wifi Analyzer to determine the best selection. 

THANKS MATE! CHEERS! WE SHOULD ALL BUY YOU A BEER!

Virgin should hire you as well. You prevented a customer from porting over to Sky

KierBrook
On our wavelength

Great to hear it work for you and thankyou for the kind words. 

Virgin internet has and is miles above the rest of the competition and is a must have for us gamers here in the UK in my opinion so would of been frustrating to have to move to another company especially since majority of us here haven't had a problem.for years with the internet service. 

Their technical and customer service teams however seem to need a hell of a lot of work put into them by the sounds of things. 

The fix itself for some reason works even though in theory it shouldn't make a blind bit of difference and luckily for us i stumbled across it as i don't think Virgin would of taken a blind bit of notice from us. 

Of course if you want to buy me a pint my PayPal email address is always open lol >>> **************

Enjoy the gaming people and keep bumping this to the top for maximum visibility 🙂 

Thankyouuuu

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

it seems to be problem with Channel Optimization. changing the other settings alone does nothing. but as soon as you change that you can see a difference.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Gig1 | Hub 5 Modem Mode | Asus RT-AX86U | Asus RT-AC86U

@SonarUK wrote:
it seems to be problem with Channel Optimization. changing the other settings alone does nothing. but as soon as you change that you can see a difference.

Wonder if its always been like that with the Hub3 or is it a feature of 608 firmware ? 

As to the wisdom of gaming via wireless though.....

zoltan666
Joining in

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!

You are my hero, just played 3 games in a row on rocket league with no lag/teleporting/freezing at all after changing to these settings!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!