cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIX FOR PS4 LAG SPIKES - WORKING FOR MANY

KierBrook
On our wavelength

Okay so i have and lag spikes for a week myself and with no help form Virgin went to try and fix via trial and error. 

After a few hours i have a fix and have already had confirmed from various users on Twitter that this also works for them. 

Please see the guide below and let us know if it worked for you by commenting on here. 

Go onto your router settings. (The IP address by default is 192.168.0.1. If you want to use your own router and put the hub into modem mode then the internal address for the hub will change to 192.168.100.1)

Down the left hand side click on advanced settings. 

Then wireless

Then wireless signal

Now change the settings in here to exactly as shown in the attached photograph. IMG_20180811_123647.jpg

Change it all to match what i have there mate then apply changes then PS4 should log out of network by itself and resign in by itself a few moments later.

Mine was all set up to auto on the router settings and different channels but once i changed to all them settings PS4 lag spikes literally disappeared straight away and managed to get a gaming session all last night for around 4 hours no lag spikes at all

That's IT 

HOPEFULLY WORKS FOR YOU ALL AND LETS YOU ALL GET BACK ONLINE ASAP. LET US KNOW!

58 REPLIES 58

PS4lag
Joining in

Hi, 

I know this may sound stupid but when you say 'go onto router settings',  how do you actually do this? 

PS4lag
Joining in

Commenting to come back tonight. 

very_452001
Tuning in

Hi mate sorry for a newbie question but does this fix apply to ps4 connected via wifi only or it can be applied to ethernet wired ps4?

I personally have only tried with a WiFi PS4 and not a wired one so unless someone has tried with a wired connection i wouldn't be able to advise I'm afraid 

vhctdd
Joining in

Wow....

I had vivid 50 for a year and had no lag issues whatsoever but the speed was lacking so I upgraded to vivid100, at one point my router restarts and I get the speed upgraded, all hyped I go back to playing only to find out that there are lag spikes and its literally impossible to play online. Thinking that maybe the new setup needs some time to adjust itself I didn’t think much about it. Couple of days later I tried again and packet losses and lag spikes were still there and I became extremely depressed and started researching this common problen only to get even more depressed since theres no solution.

UNTIL BY ACCIDENT I FOUND THIS TOPIC YOU GOOD SIR AND THE ISSUE IS GONE!!!! 

I hope it will continue the same but I guess it will but huh...insane

Is it still working out for you? 

This actually worked, what a life saver.

KierBrook
On our wavelength

Yes been online every day since and no lag spikes what Siever and no issues with internet or speeds since making this topic. 

Glad i could help so many get back online as we all should be! 

KierBrook
On our wavelength

No problem at all! 

Glad it has worked for you also 🙂 

Been Lag Free on my PS4 Pro full stop. One its on the 5GHz range, and two i am in Modem mode.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?