cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFA 22 Slow Gameplay on XBOX Series X

r3dwarr10r
Tuning in

Hi,

I recently switched to Virgin after years of playing FIFA online using BT Broadband.

I subscribed to the 600Mb FttH service and speeds are good.

It has done absolutely nothing to improve my FIFA 22 gameplay however when playing Seasons online where latency remains a real issue. 

I currently have my Virgin Hub 3.0 in Modem Mode and have the Netgear Orbi WiFI 6 mesh satellites with my Xbox connected via ethernet to the main hub.

I have done all the port forwarding as advised online - seemingly the ports remain closed when checking externally from my Vodafone UK device over LTE.

I have spent hours trying to improve my gameplay over the years and become paranoid as to whether there are EA Sports dark forces at play! 😉

At my wits end as to how to fix this so will defer to any network/IT experts here who could help with any NAT/PortForward or other issues with ping, latency, power, attenuation etc!

Thanks!

19 REPLIES 19

Thanks for coming back to us @r3dwarr10r, have you been able to get this issue resolved since you last posted?

Regards,

Steven_L

No - the reports remain blocked.

Sorry the "ports" remain blocked.

Is port forwarding a known issue on Virgin FttH?

Thank you for the update @r3dwarr10r

Please try the following link and let me know if this helps https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/turn-off-wifi.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua,

I have already done all of this and it still doesn't work.

Frankly speaking, I do not think that the Virgin service/product supports Port Forwarding even though the Hub 3.0 GUI includes this feature.

This is disappointing and Virgin should openly admit this if this is the case - I would not have left my previous ISP if I had known this.

Thanks 

Simon

Hi Simon, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

The Hub itself is capable of port forwarding which is why it is included in the GUI however we only provide limited support on the feature itself. 

I can see Akua has already given you the link so if things still aren't working, it may be best to ask the Community for some further help. If this isn't an option we do have a Gadget Rescue team who will be able to assist you. They are a chargeable service and you can find out more information on them here

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Kath,

Your comment was a bit ambiguous. I understand that the Hub can support Port Forwarding as per my previous post, but can you please provide more detail on what you mean by the Virgin's 'limited support on the feature itself'? I would like more details on what exactly Virgin does and does not support for Port Forwarding please. 

I am loathe to pay anything for Gadget Rescue if indeed this is a fundamental limitation of the bearer service provided by Virgin.

I just want clarity from Virgin so that I can determine whether I am pushing for something that will never be provided by them.

Regards

Simon

Due to the 3rd party factors included within Port forwarding this isn't something we would be able to assist with. While you can port forward we are unable to assist with relation to queries this. 

Gadget Rescue can assist with 3rd party services/devices. 

^Martin

Ok - so I think we have established that Virgin does not support Port Forwarding.