Menu
Cjeanes89
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

FIFA 19 - Constant lagging

Hi, 

Been trying to play FIFA 19 online and it is unplayable. Everything else I play works perfectly. Even FIFA 18. I have tried opening ports and everything else suggested from EA. Nothing appears to be working. The only thing I can assume is the lag is due to my connection but I am getting 100 mb down and 6 mb up. Ping of 12. If anyone could help would be great.

0 Kudos
mattyj3nks
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: FIFA 19 - Constant lagging

Have you managed to get it sorted? I only signed up with virgin last week and have the same issue which makes it unplayable.

I have the 3.0 hub and am reading that it just doesn't make gaming possible which is rather annoying.

0 Kudos
Cjeanes89
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No I haven't. Going to hotspot my phone and see if it works with that then may go buy a router and use the hub in modem mode. Obviously will speak to virgin first to see if anything can be done. FIFA 18 works perfectly it's so strange

0 Kudos
mattyj3nks
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I had virgin installed last week, as soon as is was installed madden 18 or fifa 18 didn't work and now fifa 19 doesn't work either.

What do you mean buy a router and use in modem mode? Sorry for the stupid questions.....

0 Kudos
Cjeanes89
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Not stupid at all. So you can set the hub to be a modem, giving out no wireless signal and then connect another router to it for WiFi. I did this year's ago on the old hub and fixed the issue.

Just played connected to my phone and it plays perfectly. 

0 Kudos
Mcknight1988
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have same problem aswell. There's another thread on here saying change your router settings? Maybe this will help but my advanced settings is not operating for mines 

0 Kudos
Cjeanes89
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have a WiFi extender. I have connected to this and it now works. It looks to be an issue from the hubs WiFi. Really annoying as the PS4 is next to the hub and the extender is upstairs but have played several games with no lag. 

0 Kudos
mattyj3nks
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Are you both using the old chunky style ps4? I heard the slim and pro work fine....

0 Kudos
Mick_T
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's a common problem mate, even VM recommend a gaming router and SH3 in modem mode.

Write to Tom Mockridge, he'll soon kick some ass!

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Super solver
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Cjeanes89 wrote:

I have a WiFi extender. I have connected to this and it now works. It looks to be an issue from the hubs WiFi. Really annoying as the PS4 is next to the hub and the extender is upstairs but have played several games with no lag. 

Have you tried the fix in this thread ?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/FIX-FOR-PS4-LAG-SPIKES-WORKING-FOR-MANY/td-p/379...

0 Kudos