cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eve Online Connection Issues (Fault Ticket = F009669229 RESOLVED)

kc9400
On our wavelength

Experiencing connection issues with Eve Online.

There's also a thread here on the Eve Forums. https://forums.eveonline.com/t/connection-lost/351050/43 

Maybe someone from VM can offer up some advice?

[MOD Update:

This issue has been reported to our IT Team to investigate. Edit - ticket F009669229

Edit 07/03 - ticket resolved]

143 REPLIES 143

xennu
On our wavelength

Just attempted to contact virgin media through their live chat service that routed me through to whatsapp which has now told me to call and waste my time explaining things to a poorly trained person in india. 

Things have gone properly downhill at the company over the past few years.

Hi Everyone,

The ticket was raised yesterday as soon as we were made aware and I can confirm that our IT Team is looking into this. We don't have an estimated time but they will be liaising with third parties and aim to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

Lisa

TAST20
On our wavelength

same with me yesterday.

come on VM. you can do better.

Thanks Lisa, please keep us updated with any developments.

thebatfink
Dialled in

Just adding I to have been having issues for last few days with Eve Online. Seems nothing else wrong apart from these disconnects. 1 gig service.

Virgin Media is too active blocking its customer access to certain parts of the web it deems you should not be accesing, wether you have a legal right to or not, this is why if you use a VPN it works, you should not have to bypass your own ISP to play a game

In the Abyss
Disconnected
Reconnect straight away
Disconnected again
Reconnects just as my ship hits the wall and blows up, ship gone, ammo gone, rig gone, cargo gone.. nice VM thanks!

TAST20
On our wavelength

CCP commented recently on their forums

CCP Explorer Senior Development Director

Currently Virgin Media UK is not responding on the email thread we have with them (or had with them…) so I don’t have any updates to share with you.

Please file tickets with Virgin Media UK referencing their internal fault ticket F009669229 (or update your existing tickets) to let them know that you are impacted.

I’ve been reading the tickets you have sent us here at CCP and it’s same pattern in them all: Virgin Media UK is sending your TQ network traffic to Amsterdam – and CCP has no control over that. I even saw one ticket where an EVE player said they lived “within 30 miles of your TQ data center” and yet the trace route was very clearly sending the traffic to Amsterdam.

We advertise through BGP that network traffic should be sent via Cloudflare, which has 3 locations in the UK: Edinburgh, Manchester, London. ISPs should either have direct peering with Cloudflare or hand over the traffic as quickly as possible, somewhere in the UK in this case.

While it is very curious to send all-UK network traffic to Amsterdam then it is not necessarily the root cause of the issue. But to even begin trying to diagnose a cryptic issue such as this one then one should remove all noise and in this case the simplest first step is to hand the traffic over to Cloudflare in the UK.

Stratoshere
Tuning in

Update from CCP.

CCP Explorer Senior Development Director

Currently Virgin Media UK is not responding on the email thread we have with them (or had with them…) so I don’t have any updates to share with you.

Please file tickets with Virgin Media UK referencing their internal fault ticket F009669229 (or update your existing tickets) to let them know that you are impacted.

I’ve been reading the tickets you have sent us here at CCP and it’s same pattern in them all: Virgin Media UK is sending your TQ network traffic to Amsterdam – and CCP has no control over that. I even saw one ticket where an EVE player said they lived “within 30 miles of your TQ data center” and yet the trace route was very clearly sending the traffic to Amsterdam.

We advertise through BGP that network traffic should be sent via Cloudflare, which has 3 locations in the UK: Edinburgh, Manchester, London. ISPs should either have direct peering with Cloudflare or hand over the traffic as quickly as possible, somewhere in the UK in this case.

While it is very curious to send all-UK network traffic to Amsterdam then it is not necessarily the root cause of the issue. But to even begin trying to diagnose a cryptic issue such as this one then one should remove all noise and in this case the simplest first step is to hand the traffic over to Cloudflare in the UK.

TAST20
On our wavelength
CCP Explorer
Senior Development Director
38m

TAST20
On our wavelength
CCP Explorer Senior Development Director