cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eve Online Connection Issues (Fault Ticket = F009669229 RESOLVED)

kc9400
On our wavelength

Experiencing connection issues with Eve Online.

There's also a thread here on the Eve Forums. https://forums.eveonline.com/t/connection-lost/351050/43 

Maybe someone from VM can offer up some advice?

[MOD Update:

This issue has been reported to our IT Team to investigate. Edit - ticket F009669229

Edit 07/03 - ticket resolved]

143 REPLIES 143

grantwilliamson
Tuning in

What a useless complaint form. Resolved with an automated message telling me to restart my router to get onto a better wifi channel. Even though I'm connected to it with a wire. And the only alternative is calling up their call center to be told by a tier 1 to restart my router.

It's been 8 days of constant, repeated disconnects for all Virgin Media customers. No other ISP is being affected. Any updates..?

DeTon8R
Tuning in

I've been considering taking this to the media to try and get this escalated.  There are several hundred of us at least affected here from what i've seen in the graphs presented on the Eve forums by CCP.

No updates at all and nothing has changed.

ChrisGUK
Tuning in

As Virgin refuses to tell us what is going on or why this issue is occurring AT ALL our options are as follows:

1) For those who are able leave Virgin and find a better ISP.

2) If you're willing to or not able to leave Virgin use a VPN, which may or may not work, there have been differing accounts of this working.

3) A formal complaint to the likes of Which! or OffCom to get them off their asses and sort it out.

4) A formal complaint to the Privacy Commission about why our information is being routed outside of the country in the first place when it doesn't need to be putting our personal information potentially at risk.

These would appear to be the options left to us with Virgins failures and lack of communication.

kc9400
On our wavelength

@lisa_cc are you able to provide any updates regarding the ticket, even if it's just to say that no progress has been made yet. 

Just helps to keep us all in the loop. 

Thanks. 

When did virgin hire the Nigerian prince to work in the complaints department. 3 replies so far and this is what I get 

"Broadband > Faults > Delay in fixing my problem 

We’ve looked into it and here’s what we found:
Thank you for replying us back, we understand you are unhappy about the brooadband service you
experienced, and we apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. We wish we could call and diagnose the issue for you, as we are from digital process unfortunately we do not have option to call. However, there are few technical issues which cannot be diagnosed offline. Hence, we request you to contact our technical team when you are at the property for troubleshooting purpose and schedule an engineer, if required to fix the issue. You can also click on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-no-wifi-connection. For further assistance you can download My Virgin Media app or click on www.virginmedia.com 
"

Why the f*** would I need to be at home to resolve virgin media incorrectly routing traffic through Amsterdam? How can any customer of virgin have any faith in the company when you employ people with the linguistic versatility of a 3 year old to work in the complaints department? 

There is a 5th option........

Stop playing Eve.

I'm currently in contract and cant afford a VPN so my only option is to stop paying for my sub to Eve!!!

I also see similar issues with other games so it doesn't look like it's just Eve Online.

Clearly this has been some internal money saving idea and if so I doubt they will change internal policies if it costs them more to revert back.

xennu
On our wavelength
You're no longer in contract because virgin have failed to provide a reasonable service, make a formal complaint and keep it logged, contracts work both ways and virgin have breached the terms of the contract, no court in any country will expect you to pay for something virgin are unable to provide.

OK, that is interesting as you are the first person to say they are having problems with anything other than staying connected to Eve Online as far as I know. Could be that you have another connection problem on top of the Eve one perhaps?

How do I send a VM ticket?

I am experiencing the same problem. I suggest everyone send a ticket, so the scale of users' disappointment not playing a "game" is measured correctly. Otherwise, we may see another few weeks of interruptions.

Free Ukraine

CCP the makers of EVE Online are not affiliated with Russia.