cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eve Online Connection Issues (Fault Ticket = F009669229 RESOLVED)

kc9400
On our wavelength

Experiencing connection issues with Eve Online.

There's also a thread here on the Eve Forums. https://forums.eveonline.com/t/connection-lost/351050/43 

Maybe someone from VM can offer up some advice?

[MOD Update:

This issue has been reported to our IT Team to investigate. Edit - ticket F009669229

Edit 07/03 - ticket resolved]

143 REPLIES 143

NTL was actually reliable too - made a call and things got done usually same or next day

nicholas_rubin
Tuning in

Experiencing problems with random disconnections whilst playing Eve too.

Does using a VPN really work?

Has Virgin said anything to help manage expectations? There silence is always so helpful!!

Cade
On our wavelength

There's no point getting angry at the helpline people.

They're just poorly trained phone operators working from a script and a flow chart.

They haven't got a clue about route tracing or technical network stuff.

I'd probably guess the same goes for the Moderators on this chat forum.

It's not their fault. Virgin need to get actual network engineers on the case. Allegedly an internal ticket for this was raised and all we can do is wait.

Some feedback and progress reports would be nice.

If this situation does continue for more than another week or so without any comeback from Virgin, I'll be moving ISP. It's as simple as that.

VPN
Yes a VPN does work. I've been using surfshark, not had drops since. They do a 30 day money back, so if it's resolved by then you should be able refund. Be sure to read it all (I didn't)

It does mess with some of the streaming services though, which whilst not ideal, they can be made to work.

General remarks:

Please try to keep it civil in here. We're all in the same boat. 

I'm sure Virgin Media will find a way to resolve it, even if not as swiftly as we might like. 

o7

Gengee
Tuning in

I am another one, just had 4 DC's in the space of 2 minutes just happy I do not have an expensive ship out, and I am not in a fleet and falling behind the FC 🙂

Anchor up 1km dude haha

TAST20
On our wavelength

Same for me as well today. 

more disconnects. yeah an update from VM would have been nice. but i been through their procedure of telling ou to go via Whatsapp to then ask you to call etc etc. Per my previous experience there is no point. Im just waiting for the contract to end then its bye bye

Daz9001
Joining in

Only to restate what has been said. I am also having issues as well with the game. 

I have been a VM customer for 4-5 years never had issues only in the last 2 weeks this has started. 

Please fix ASAP as it makes eve unplayable as it is now.

I have disconnected at least 5 times in the last 90 minutes.

sm8
Tuning in

The lack of response from VM at this point is unacceptable (whether the issue lies with them or not), so I too have now responded on their general technical feedback, as well as raising a complaint here: https://my.virginmedia.com/my-cases/make-a-complaint

I've tried using ExpressVPN and I still get kicked out. [sigh]