cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escape From Tarkov servers are constantly dropping, and having packet loss. When others are fine?!

GamingElectro
Tuning in

Hello there! 

When playing Escape From Tarkov. I constantly see servers getting timed out, and dropping completely! People I play with say their servers are not dropping at all! I checked my firewall on the computer, and everything seems to be fine! When using some ping testers online, some can't even function, some show like 2 servers and others show ping going from 30-50 to then 200+. When pinging my router directly, I have 1ms ping and that never changes. So the wire from my pc to my hub is completely fine! Not sure what else to do... I'll reply with my down and up, and network log! Any help would be appreciated! 

14 REPLIES 14

GamingElectro
Tuning in

Downstream p1.png

Downstream p2.png

Upstream.png

Network Log.png

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You power levels are all wrong.  The Downstream is too high, range is -6 to +10.  Upstream is too low, range is 34 to 51.

You will need a VM technician to fix this.   Call this in or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey! Thanks for the insight! I think I’ll wait for someone on here, as it’s not completely hindering my use of the internet. Just anything gaming related it seems. Appreciate you pointing something out, so I don’t feel crazy! 

Hi GamingElectro,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are being booted for the servers when playing escape from Tarkov, I was able to locate you on our system with the details I have for you and wasn't able to find any issues, after running further checks it is advisory to try a pin reset on the Router,  push a pin/ paper clip in the reset hole at the back of the Router, push and hold in for a timed 1 Minute, do not reboot during or after, allow 15 Minutes to settle?

Regards

Paul,.

Hello Paul,

I’ve had several issues with fluctuating ping, and packet loss. Adduxi on a message prior even noticed a few things going wrong with the basic readings. I also see a bunch of critical and warning messages also. I’m sure there is a line issue somewhere that’s causing these fluctuations. As said in my previous post, I’ve done all the tests from my pc to the box, and all is fine, without any issues. After a hard reset with the button behind the box, held for a minute, after booting everything back up and waiting 30 minutes, I’m still having signs of servers timing out. Again this is only happening to me, and not the rest of the people who I play with, some are on Virgin, some are on other broadbands. Does anything Adduxi said have any solutions, and is that a route cause for something constantly dropping packets etc. 

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GamingElectro, thanks very much for your confirmation and I'm sorry that's not worked for you.

I've ran further diagnostics to your Hub and network, and it does appear that there are issues with power levels to your Hub being outside of the specifications - this is likely to be causing the disruption you're facing.

I'm going to pop you a PM to ask you to confirm some details, so I can look into this further for you and get a technician booked to resolve the problem.

Please expect this PM shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GamingElectro, thanks for your PM confirming the details requested.

I've booked the technician in for you now for the next available date and timeslot. You can view the appointment on your My Virgin Media app here, as well as rescheduling if required to - you'll also receive a text message confirmation!

If the issue for the technicians apppointment is as a result of misuse, neglect, accidental or willful damage, or if the technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your personal equipment, you will be charged £25.
If the appointment is missed there is a £25 charge for a missed appointment.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi, okay thats fine, I had to reschedule due to the afternoon. The issue has been there since I signed up with you guys, so if I am charged £25 for "problem relates to your personal equipment" and that happens to be the box. I will 100% cancel my contract and change to another supplier. There is no damage, and the box has been isolated since it was installed. 

Regards,

Oliver.

Hi @GamingElectro,

No problem at all. We do have you make you aware of the possible charged when booking an appointment. 

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further help going forward. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs