cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping connection ingame

zTipzee
Tuning in

Any game i play, every few minutes, ill drop out the game and come back. happens a lot, everything will lag out and bring me back over and over.

21 REPLIES 21

I too play Eve and having the same issue!

I've also been having this problem with Eve Online over the past 3 days.

I had the same problem last year, contacted CCP and they said it was an ISP issue. Contacted Virgin and they said the connection in my area was fine. I explained that the issue stemmed from one of the hops in my connection route dropping the connection to the CCP server in London (learned this after a discussion with CCP) and that I wanted my connection path rerouted, but Virgin Technical Support hadn't a clue what I was talking about and wanted to refer me to 2nd Line Technical Support (Which they wanted me to pay for!). In the end the problem sorted itself out, but now its back again.

If it wasn't bad enough that I'm paying for an Eve Online Subscription when I can't even play the game properly, Virgin expect me to swallow a price increase on my broadband while they allow the service to degrade.

Taking the P comes to mind.

P_and_J
Tuning in
<a title="Broadband Ping" href="https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/2f3e59feb876274ec7403141493abd7c89dacb7c-24-02-2022">My Broadband Ping</a>

BQM for today - red line is where I did a full shut down / restart earlier - to no avail.

kc9400
On our wavelength

Experiencing the exact same issue with Eve Online.

There's also a thread here on the Eve Forums. https://forums.eveonline.com/t/connection-lost/351050/43 

Maybe someone from VM can offer up some advice?

Same issue for me too. Over the last few days EVE Online has become unplayable due to all the disconnections.

This is only affecting the network packets for EVE Online. All my other services are running fine and do not experience disconnections (streaming, VPN to work, web browsing, email, etc.).

(I am based in Manchester, if that helps)

Yeah, I'm having the same problem with EVE Online and in about the same time frame but I'm not anywhere near Fife.

cipherprime
Tuning in

I have numerous friends in my alliance that are all on virgin and looking for a new isp as this service keeps dropping connection. we have 8 members that all disconnect at the same time. I use my mobile phone and it works fine. so I know it is virgin. we also have comms and are talking at the time of the disconnects to the tranquility server.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for posting and making us aware that you are experiencing issues using Eve online. 

I just wanted to let you know we are aware of the issue and are currently investigating further.

We appreciate your patience at this time. 

Thanks

Nat

you are routing to the netherlands which is causing the problem. you should be routing through london then iceland.

Hi @cipherprime thanks for posting. 

To clarify are you referrring to the gaming servers here?  Or are you referring to Virgin Media?

Regards

Lee_R