Menu
secure2000
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Drained and Powerless

Got my first Home connection through Vidéotron. Came across them while securing their Data Centres and London Headquarters in my youth.

My little connection has remained Protected and Secure.
99.999999% Up and Running Since 1986.
Possibly not in the same building but it's there, still buzzing away.

Over the years, ownership of "My Little Connection" has changed and is now run very expertly and courteously by Virgin Media.
The sole aim of the company seems to be. Sign people up for Life and during that time offer their neighbours a Better Deal. They seem to just pull and tug on my Little Connection buried deep in it's 19 inch rack. Protection and security are all very well. But what about looking after who You've Got instead of constantly oiling the hinges?

As a Landlord. I receive junk mail at my other properties offering Virgin Media at a 50% better deal.

finger.pngWhat does a 32 year connection, Labelled Loyalty get you? Nought!

Have recently renovated my home property and have installed an additional line dedicated to a fallback provider.

As a token and in recognition of my loyalty. Would Virgin Media offer me a Free 18 Month comparative deal with access to my new router speeds and up time, for real time comparative purposes?

Doubt it!

0 Kudos
ciaran2506
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Drained and Powerless

To be honest I'm not really sure what product you are referring to here, but I am intrigued.

Seeing as Tim Berners-Lee didn't invent the world wide web until 1989 I am wondering what connection it is you are on about?

Also "My Little Connection" is that a package name from the provider, or just your affectionate name for the service?

I don't think VM would offer anyone a free 18 month connection just for complaining, otherwise everyone would complain and they would have ceased to trade years ago.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Having run it through my translation matrix I believe he/she is miffed about introductory discounts for new customers.

In which case VM's official* line is "suck it up , buddy"

*Not official at all.

0 Kudos
CarlTSpeak
Wise owl
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Seems to have had a leased line somewhere for 32 years and is expecting discounts on residential products due to this.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TBF Vidéotron is Canadian so may well be on the wrong boards entirely...

Who knows?

But I like a little mystery me.....

0 Kudos
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

VIdeotron existed in the UK at some time in the 90s, not sure about the rest of the message though! 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/videotron-to-sell-off-uk-cable-interests-1317923.html

0 Kudos
secure2000
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Probably the 90's. Heads got old and grey. Videotron were a cable tv provider/installer around that time with a hub in Greenford.

0 Kudos
TikTak
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just call and nag and eventually they'll put a "loyalty discount" on your package.

Think I've had that for a few years now Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos