Menu
MrEGhost
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Download speed issues

I've recently had everything installed and set everything up. The bundle I have is meant to give me up to 500mps download however when I do a speed test on my playstion I'm getting between 60-80 everytime (I know this is good but not what I'm paying for) but on my phone I get a wide variety of results from 80-549. I'm a competitive player and look to start streaming so I need everything I can get. Is it worth buying a gaming router? Currently I am running an ethernet into the boosters the engineer gave me. 

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Download speed issues

**bleep**. How many times is it going to be posted in this forum.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER go by the speed test on the Playstation 4.

The best way to test is to run a SPEEDTEST from for a PC connected via a 1GB cable connect to the SH3, or by a Laptop connected to a 5GHz AC connection.

You don't need a gaming router, any router is better than the SH3 in router mode.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
MrEGhost
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Apologies was meant to say I know the speed test on the ps4 isn't reliable, lap connected is getting just as bad a reading 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Make sure the Laptop is connected via 5GHz, not 2.4GHz.

Better to have a Wireless AC connection, see link below

Wifi Specs

--
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
0 Kudos
MrEGhost
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Could be the problem thanks 

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I do have my own router, and put the SH3 into modem mode, I have no issues gaming.

--
0 Kudos