cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know whats happened here?

amico0
Joining in

Okay so before i went on holiday my wifi was completely fine, i never lagged out of games i never had any problems with it disconnecting all the time. It was generally just good reliable wifi.

But since i got back off holiday (about 4 weeks ago) it hasnt been the same. Its constantly disconnecting, always lagging me out when ever i try and play a game and just overall being terrible.

Does anyone know whats happened here because i think it’s something more than virgin just being a bad internet provider and i cant for the life of me figure out what has happened.

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Check for local faults on 0800 561 0061. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How are cabled connections?  Is this only a Wifi fault?  You need to do all the usual power level checks, network log and setup a BQM.  www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

If you can ascertain it's only wifi, then check the property with wifi scanner app.  Wifi is easily broken and you need to check for channel congestion in the area etc. etc.

For a simple test, connect your gaming kit to a cabled connection as a temp measure and see if it still disconnects. Everyone should have a long ethernet cable for this purpose, very handy to keep in the tool kit  🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @amico0 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies in the delay in replying and with your current internet issues. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina