cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discord connection problems

Duckution
Joining in

I recently upgraded to a Hub 5 which has been great, except for the fact that I can no longer connect to Discord when connected to it from my phone. It works if I use mobile data while I open it and then switch to WiFi once I connect, but not if I open it will on WiFi. This doesn't happen on any other networks, and Child Safe is turned off.

Thanks in advance for any help and let me know if you need more info.

8 REPLIES 8

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Duckution,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble accessing Discord since upgrading to the Hub 5. It sounds like a possible Firewall issue that is blocking the site for some reason.

Can you please try first performing a factory reset to see if that helps?

Can you also please confirm if you're using the Discord app or web version?

Thanks!

Beth

Hi, thanks for getting back and sorry for the delay. I have tried a reset and it hasn't helped. I'm using the discord app on my phone. Discord appears to work on other devices, but when using the phone that doesn't work on my Virgin WiFi with any other WiFi network it also works.

Just a quick note; Discord also works perfectly fine when using a VPN while on my Virgin internet.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Just to confirm the issues only persists on WiFi when on the hub 5? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi,

Yep, that's the case. I didn't have the issue with the Hub 3 before the upgrade either.

Thanks!

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Duckution,

Have you checked to see if you have parental control on? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

Yes, I have made sure and it is off.

Thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Duckution

Thank you for confirming parental control is off. Can you try deleting and re-installing the Discord app and let me know how things are working for you following this?

Kind regards,

Serena