cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnecting from server due to packet loss WORLD OF TANKS

BroccaBrad
Tuning in

After a year or so I decided to go back to WORLD OF TANKS. Having played it for many years i havn't had any issue until recently.  After playing the game for around 10 minutes  when it;s time to go back to the main screen every single time I get a disconnected message.  Others have had the same issue on here and it's been resolved. Was wondering if I could get this resolved too?   After speaking to the support team for the game it was determined that I was getting a drop of signal "or packet loss" to a few virgin media servers. I'm currently on the Superhub2 and have been for years now. 

10 REPLIES 10

BroccaBrad
Tuning in
https://i.imgur.com/3O9QDdt.png

Only been doing that thinkbroadband test for 10 minutes and it's constantly at Red

I'd like to add after looking at others with the same problem it seems that the SH2 could be the problem? Is it possible for a forum mod to pm me so we can arrange another HUB sent out as this is many years old, thanks!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BroccaBrad wrote:
<snip>   Only been doing that thinkbroadband test for 10 minutes and it's constantly at Red

You need to set the SH2 to allow pings to the SH2.  Allow ICMP/Ping is the setting from memory.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BroccaBrad wrote:

I'd like to add after looking at others with the same problem it seems that the SH2 could be the problem? <snip>

The SH2 is still being used by some customers, but should be replaced by VM as it cannot take advantage of the latest VM infrastructure.  

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod should pick this up and hopefully get your SH2 replaced.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @BroccaBrad,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having, I have looked into your account and can see that there is an issue with your hub and it would need to be replaced via a technician visit.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

sent you one buddy

Thanks for confirming your details @BroccaBrad.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign in to My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you bud, i'll update if the issue is resolved with the new router. Thanks again Steven!

An update.  The technician came within 24 hours of arranging an appointment. It turns out that upgrading the hub from the SH2 to a SH3 as solved the issue. Thank you for the help!