cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destiny 2 and error codes exactly at 29 minutes past the hour

SilverFox72
Tuning in

A little history re my rig, I had a i3 cpu and was constantly pondering lag, laggy mouse and error codes  Weasel, forcing me to use Task Master to verify local files on steam, connect back into game to sometimes also having Bungie also verify files. A local IT guy replaced my cpu with a Ryzen 5 5600G 4.4 6 core 12 thread processor. What an upgrade best described as fluid motion and a new lease of life for me.......AFTER about a week I started to receive error codes Weasel (popular) Anteater and once Plum from Bungie, these error codes or Computer happenings always start with "Contacting Destiny Servers" flashing on the screen, then either a kick out to restart page, at times the actual error code  at other times like a blip in the game, then I got back into the game BUT so far never Validate files??? BUT I started to record times and code used - regardless of the code or what I had to do these events occurred at exactly 29 minutes past the hour my first recorded times were 04.29 (playing Gambit - Weasel) 05.29 (EDZ Weasel) 06.29 (Bee in a flash then Weasel)07.29 (Tower (Weasel - kicked but returned to Tower) I have sent an email to the guy who installed the CPU asking him about this, spoken to a SA friend who has NEVER heard  of anything like this, today 22nd October I  spoke to Virgin Media who ran the router tests, and claimed nothing wrong but I did at length manage to explain the above to her and asked her even if she did not know to actually pass on this info to Tech people - she added that my connection would be monitored for about 48 hours and could I record dates and time for these Server Problems and now HERE for valued input from members as to what or why

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello SliverFox72, thank you for reaching out and a welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you are having some connection issues whilst gaming.

I have taken a look at our side and I can see there was an outage however this has now ended.

Also has this only been happening since the IT person installed this extra kit?

If so maybe the game does not support this?

I have also taken a look to see if I can spot any issues and everything is fine, I cannot find no issues.

Please do let me know how it has been over the weekend. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi and thanks for coming back

On Sunday things began to taper off considerably on the error front, then I got 1 error code which I had only ever receive once before Calabrese - On checking this out it seems to me to be related to Server clocks which got me thinking about my 29 minutes past the hour story, Come Monday not a sign of an error code to be seen, now I along with heaps of players have been moaning about the Weasel error code being the most prolific, So consider I did almost nothing but told Virgin and Bungie last Friday /Saturday,  VIRGIN could not find a problem, nor could you - so it has to be Bungie's problem and NOT my rig, Tuesday today game reset as I type day to set all things new ready for another weeks gaming - -Tuesday had yet another great day apart from the Calabrese which kicked me out once, I like to think my problems are over and 2 days of great play will see what happens going forward, if by the end of this week I still do not get any influx of error codes I will approach Bungie to see if they will tell me what was wrong, but my guess is they will just say "its fixed, it was a big" along those lines

Keep well and again thanks

Bill

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your update SilverFox72. 

We are glad to hear your gaming experience has been better recently. 

I do hope this is still the case but please get in touch if you have any further issues and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Thanks Natalie, the biggest problem I have are in my opinion emerging from changes within the game, but this run if 29 minutes in the dot slayed me, but in my opinion and I am not IT wise it had something to do with servers and a clock. Sorry did not read more than Matthews comments as it was sorted by then