cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destiny 2 PC NAT Problem

rachaelcase1982
Joining in

Hi, im having issues with connecting to various services within the Destiny 2 game on Xbox Game Pass for Windows.

Xbox Companion reports my NAT to be Open but in game network settings report as Moderate.

I have made sure all required programs are allowed through Windows Firewall, all IP'S and the Teredo settings show as open and working as they should.

I believe this to be a UPnP error on Virgins end with ports possibly being blocked? Can anyone else confirm this?

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have manually setup all the port forwarding etc for XBox Live, you shouldn't need UPnP ?  The last time I used IPv4 only, I only had to do the forwarding etc. as I never use UPnP.  Then again I was using an ASUS Router, but I doubt if that should matter.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DigiGav
Tuning in

Try setting the router's DMZ to your PC's Lan ip, if that fixes it chances are it is a port issue.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DigiGav wrote:

Try setting the router's DMZ to your PC's Lan ip, if that fixes it chances are it is a port issue.

And if it does, remove the PC from the DMZ and get the port issues sorted.  Leaving a PC in the DMZ is not a good idea IMHO.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

When i do this it makes the NAT go to strict which is very confusing as it's supposed to do the opposite. I've opened all the ports required as advised by Bungie yet game still shows moderate Nat even though Xbox Companion shows strict or open? I've tried with router and windows firewall off/on and same results, can't get it to shift from moderate in game. Tried reinstalling apps, game and even reinstalling Windows with no success.

Tried with UPnP and without and forwarding ports manually also. I can play strikes occasionally but cannot fulfil my season pass or missions that require matchmaking such as iron banner, gambit etc.

Upon checking with port forward network utilities i can confirm ports are not being forwarded in DHCP mode and UPnP, they are in manual port forwarding but result is that the NAT goes strict from open and stays moderate in game.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One thing to note. The Hun firewall needs to be on to manage the Port Forwarding. Also the rules need to be added in ascending order, or at least that used to be the case.

Check portford.com for a complete walkthrough for the VM Hub 3