Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Destiny 2; Error Code "Bee"

From the look of the test it looks like the connection is timing out en-route after leaving our servers. In some cases the connection timing out doesn't mean that the signal isn't sent but it may be that either the response ping to confirm the packets were passed on isn't sent back or the time taken for the response exceeds the required response time. As far as I can see even if we could change your ip address it wouldn't make a difference as it wouldn't change the routing of the data between us and Bungie's servers.

Do you play with others using our services? Have they advised whether they experience similar issues when playing Destiny 2?

Thanks,

Tom_S

cutfrom
Tuning in
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I've put it out both on Bungie's forums, and to a clan - nobody else with the exact problem, or saying they're with Virgin.

Equally, Google searching doesn't seem to show it as a Virgin-specific issue?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I'm afraid that this all points towards either an issue with the route the data is taking between you and Bungie's servers that is causing the connection issues or something to do with your connection to do at Bungie's end. We currently don't have any other customers who have come forward with the same issue.

Have Bungie acknowledged your post on their forms regarding the issues you're experiencing?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
cutfrom
Tuning in
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sadly they have not - despite several attempts.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry to hear that is the case.

Have you been able to contact their support team via any other method besides their forums?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
cutfrom
Tuning in
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

No; they haven't replied on Twitter either. I understand from Reddit and other fora that they're notoriously difficult to get hold of; and/or don't actually have a public-facing mechanism for contact.

I presume, as an ISP; Virgin have no means of making contact/logging the issue? I know there was Broadband marketing campaign run between Virgin and Bungie re Destiny 2.

Do you have any idea what in this context or others would cause this kind of specific miscommunication between my end and their servers?

Thanks for your efforts

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately not, from a business standpoint there isn't any direct communication between us and Bungie. From what I can see your issue lies either with the servers along the route your connection takes to reach Bungie's servers or an issue with you connecting to the Bungie servers, if the latter is the case Bungie would need to investigate why your connection to their servers struggles.

As you've advised your connection to other services is completely fine and it is just when playing Destiny 2 that you have issues, this is only conclusion I can draw from your situation I'm afraid, particularly as you've gone through all the steps their general support offer in regards to this error code.

Thanks,

Tom_S