cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destiny 2 Constant Disconnecting

maybelbdidit
Tuning in

Today a problem started, with quite a number of Virgin Media users on Twitter complaining of the same issues.

When logging into Destiny 2, or even just loading into any activity, players on Virgin Media connections are being kicked back to the login screen with network error codes such as "Baboon", "Cat" and "Weasel". These error codes indicate a connection break between the servers and the clients. Currently, the reports are saying that there are no issues with the hubs at home or with any other application/game - just Destiny 2.

Is there anything we can do here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There were no issues with the central servers Bungie use at all. Only people on Virgin Media reported problems with constant disconnecting and intermitting internet.

Other broadbands were not affected. The issue has since been resolved, it was fixed later on the same day as I posted this originally.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

A_netuser
Joining in

Have you tried using custom DNS instead? 8.8.8.8 for example?

Are you connected over Wi-Fi or Ethernet, are you using the Hub in Modem or router mode 

do you have a BQM setup to see if there connection issues?

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Destny 2 was taken off line for emergency maintenance, but is back up again.  Nothing to do with VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @maybelbdidit,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some connection issues while gaming.

As @Adduxi suggested, this might have been an issue with the gaming server itself. Can you tell us if you're experiencing constant disconnections with any other device or while using any other services on your broadband connection?

Please let us know so we can help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Bungie servers were NOT taken down for emergency maintenance at the time this was posted; that was recent.

There were no issues with the central servers Bungie use at all. Only people on Virgin Media reported problems with constant disconnecting and intermitting internet.

Other broadbands were not affected. The issue has since been resolved, it was fixed later on the same day as I posted this originally.

cipherprime
Tuning in

we have a very large group on comms at the time of the disconnects. we have had i pros such as myself and some that deal with server management for isp's and we know for a fact that the problem is just with virgin media. all other members of the alliance that is over 50 of which 4 or 5 are on virgin media. are fine. but the ones that are on virgin media all disconnect at the same time. I have had to connect my phone to the computer to make sure I can still play the game and not loss all my stuff to a vm connection.

Hi @cipherprime

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

This sounds strange, we're experiencing no issues on our side after having a look. What device is it you're using?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

A pc with virgin media. when running a trace route it stops at the Netherlands Intermittently.

You need to ask yourself the question. Why was traffic stopping there, or intermittently. Chances are it was a faulty Backbone that was causing the issue. You will be lucky unless you can find out what ISP was responsible for it, and visit their webpage to get some info on the fault.

Destiny... Bungie are not known for quality connections, and i see people in my D2 group drop out when we are playing as they get booted for no reason. You think not ? Look at their track record everytime a new DLC is added. You cannot get online for days due to everyone piling on, and Bungie never heaving heard of Load Balancing. The Witch Queen was probably the very first time they got it semi right.
I have been with Destiny since Day 1, and witnessed the issues (And there have been plenty), so this doesn't surprise me at all.