cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay+packet loss/spikes on League of legends and other games.

liq1
Joining in

Hi, been with VM for over 20 years just wondering why the sudden issues/delay/packet loss etc. I've tried troubleshooting and recieved multiple new Hub3 routers with the same issue as previous. 

connection=wired

When gaming on lets say League of legends the games response is slow/delayed/rubber banding and ping sometimes spikes, just wondering what this could be caused by because years ago game was responsive with a lot less noticeable jitter/ploss.

Heres past 24hr BQM Graph

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/413afa03d1fe73cbe6c0b2c60076d13105...

Please don't ask me to restart my hub because I've done it so many times I've lost count.

(Posted Hub Upstream/downstream/error reports below)

14 REPLIES 14

Still having the issue of hub constantly restarting. Anytime i browse or do something it can send my hub into a state of restarting booting everyone off the internet. Got no idea what it could be but this needs looking into further seen as hubs been replaced nd everythings been checked at my address.

Hi liq1, 

Thanks for your post and for coming back to us to update the thread with how the visit went. 

I have taken a look at the Hub stats and all appears fine there for signal and power levels. It's not showing any issues. I've had as much of a look at the area side of things to and not able to see any issues there. 

Do you have a new BQM link that's connected to your new Hub? If so please post here so we can monitor and see the disconnections. This will then allow us to raise this further with the area field manager for a closer look. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yeah, it's still doing the same thing with the new hub although wasn't as frequent yesterday however today it's done it 3 times already while working. The hub honestly restarts exactly when i go try search something/browse it sometimes triggers it into a restart and spits back DNS_ERR stuff.

I'm settings up a new BQM now so i'll post it again in a few.

Live graph 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/a4f13ff780c2462ef5d36ab0b56a02a997e203a8

Snapshot

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/5acba86ee19b01c90694a626ce2a340afc146c25-12-11-2021

As you see i have 2 major disconnects today when working and it's when i accessed web via browser to go into a meeting on teams and my hub goes and restarts.

Hi liq1,

Thank you for reaching back out, the BQM isn't working, please can you add the live link, I have also had a look our end and cannot see any issues at all, can you try a pin reset on the Router just to rule out a software issue, first check all the internal connections are hand tight then push a pin/ paper clip in the back of the Router where it says reset, push in until you feel it press then hold in for a timed 1 Minute, do not reboot during or after and allow 15 Minutes to settle afterwards?

Regards

Paul.