cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crap internet at nihjt

BobaSolo
On our wavelength

My internet at night especially late nights as in 11pm onwards is terrible. Right now my 200mbps is now 65mbps and my upload is as low as 1.5mbps. 

However the main issue is my internet keeps crashing, every single night. Its 1am now and it crashed, kicked me from my game and my party chat. This keeps happening and is very frustrating as I only really play this late at night. 

Can any one help. 

I have done the usual unplug, turn off reset router and console but nothing works. 

22 REPLIES 22

BobaSolo
On our wavelength

Yes just done it and will do 

BobaSolo
On our wavelength

www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b1e6dbc751d7a352ef51b784c4aa9693289d1b7a-22-06-2021

Hi @BobaSolo,

Thank you for providing that for us, it's very helpful.

Taking a look at the BQM provided, I can't seem to see anything notable there which would explain these issues that you appear to be having with your service. Are these problems ongoing today for you?

If they are, I've noticed that you mentioned the issue only occurring at a certain time during the evening. Is there anything else being used within the home at around the same time that may be causing some interference perhaps? This can include things that don't use your broadband service at all.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

BobaSolo
On our wavelength

Hi Zach cheers for the response.

The issues I'm having have been for a very long time now and mainly at night when I game, maybe a year or so now. The disconnect is happening on WiFi from our phones as well and can happen anytime of day.

The xbox is connected with ethernet as well so it's not like something can Interfere with the signal? I have checked cables as well they are all new and working, according to the loop test through the router.

If it was an xbox issue, I'd understand but then our  WiFi wouldn't disconnect from our phones. 

Hi @BobaSolo,

Thank you for expanding and clarifying the situation a little further.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take some additional details from you and take a closer look at what's going on. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @BobaSolo,

Thank you for your private messages and sending the additional details required.

Following our discussion, I have now arranged for a technician visit to go ahead where they can take a closer look at what's going on here for you. For security reasons we cannot discuss when this has been booked publicly, but you can check this via your My Virgin Media online account where you can also reschedule it if needed.

If you or anyone in the home exhibits flu-like symptoms or tests positive for COVID in the interim, please reschedule accordingly.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

BobaSolo
On our wavelength

Cheers 🎩 

Hi @BobaSolo,

You're more than welcome. Be sure to let us know how the visit goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

BobaSolo
On our wavelength

Just an update. I think I fixed the issue myself.

The issue seemed to of been my cables. Not so much the cables themselves but how they were connected.

I have my router in the living room downstairs and my xbox is in the attic so I have ran a cable up tho the attic throw the bedroom. Now when it comes into the bedroom the ethernet cable is connected to ethernet socket on the wall and then I plug a smaller cable into the socket. So that's 1 cable to 1 socket and then a other cable to my xbox.

I decided to just use the ethernet cable from the router and it seemed have have worked perfectly. So I ditched the socket and cancel the planned engineer visit. The reason I never tried this before is because I did a loop test on the cables and socket and the router gave me the green light. 

To think for the past year or so of agony it was my own fault for using a fancy ethernet socket 🙈🙉🙊

Cheers for everyone's patience and time but just call me an idiot 😆