cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant packet loss and lag spikes in warzone

Chrism5
Tuning in

I have had constant packet loss and high ping spikes during playing warzone for the last few months! It’s The only game I play. I have 1GB internet and wired connection. Only my pc and phone are connected to the internet. I have literally tried everything and researched as much as I can to try and solve the issue but still nothing. It’s so frustrating and makes me wanna cancel my Broadband. If someone can help I would really appreciate it.

19 REPLIES 19

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/ba6aba77476a28ccf02f598d85612a9a50bdcd88

can someone have a look at this and let me know if anything is wrong?

Hi Chrism5, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with your connection. Taking a look at things this end, I can see the Hub is reported that the signals are out of spec. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

can you say which part of this router spec specifically is not normal, and what the normal range should be?? Otherwise an engineer will visit him say everything is normal and charge £25. What specifically about his router stats are not ok and why?

Thanks for your reply this is true. Kath would you be able to tell me what’s specs are not normal ?

Hi Chrism5, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

SO FINAL CONCLUSION - engineer came out and after 10 mins said everything was working fine as it should be, even after someone from virgin had told me the specs on my router were out lmao. Just useless from top to bottom. So after many months of packet loss and latency spikes I finally made a move and have switched to BT. And after a little over a week I can tell you I’ve not had ONE issue! Connection has been so smooth and have actually been able to play warzone like it should be played. If your having the same issue as me I recommended changing ISP. Virgin are useless and so unprofessional.  I actually had to go on to their forum and post my router stats for them to finally send a engineer out just to tell me everything was fine? Joke.. don’t waste your money on these frauds 

How's the difference been on warzone on BT. I've been playing tonight which hasn't been exactly fun. What have you noticed in game, like less time to kill? etc

Gameplay is smooth. Latency is stable no lag spikes up and down between peak times. Overall such a better experience

aphex187
On our wavelength

PM the deal and speed you got with BT please mate.

cheers