Menu
Freyrune
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Constant Packet loss/Lag spikes during online multiplayer and livestream

Hello.

Recently 2 days ago, my internet speed dropped to 25mbps (I have Vivid 350) so I called the helpline and the speed went back to normal.
After that im starting to get random lag spikes and constant packet losses throughout the day, I can't livestream through OBS properly due to ping always dropping down to 0 every 20 seconds. While playing Final Fantasy XIV (MMORPG), I get random lag spikes every time I interact with anything and I just see everyone frozen apart from my own character, i end up either speeding up to catch up to current time or random disconnects from the server.

I called the helpline twice after that and they say nothing is wrong on their side, i switched Ethernet cables, system restored, disabled anti-virus software and firewall and port forwarded too but still no answers.

really appreciate any help or solutions. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voltrevex
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Packet loss/Lag spikes during online multiplayer and livestream

Same. I’ve had 9 engineers over, issue’s still not fixed. Virgin media are just a sh*t company. I’d switch providers if I were you. I’m giving them one last chance since they’ve promised to do something with my cables on January 2nd. If it’s not fixed by then then I’m switching.

0 Kudos
tonycv51
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Packet loss/Lag spikes during online multiplayer and livestream

Setup a BQM if you haven’t already as you can monitor your connection over time 

Post the results here (minus IP address) along with power levels and logs from the Hub. 

0 Kudos