cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Issues on Destiny 2

taylorwiles
Settling in

Alot of virgin media users (myself included) are having major network issues with the game Destiny 2. it keeps on kicking us out the game and giving us error codes. This needs to be fixed asap as you have quite a few of unhappy customers.

10 REPLIES 10

simon69c
On our wavelength

Yeah same issue here too.  I did try manually setting DNS to Google's (8.8.8.8) in my Playstation settings in case it was a problem with VM's DNS but problem still happening.

yeah its clearly something they need to sort out before more people start to become annoyed with this

Lyden
Just joined

Also having the same issue since this morning can't do anything on it at all without constant connection issues and error codes but it's only on Destiny 2 and nothing else and like the tc noted, it seems to be affecting all virgin media users.

simon69c
On our wavelength

After reading the bungie forums I saw someone was saying the issue doesn't affect Stadia so I dusted off my old Stadia controller and sure enough no errors whatsoever on there - so looks like it is an issue somewhere between VM / PSN and Bungie (though I believe it is also affecting XBox so presumably not a PSN issue directly). I haven't got round to testing PC yet.

dawnduffy76
Joining in

I too am having lots of issues connecting To Destiny 2 on the PS5 since their server maintenance yesterday.

There's quite a few threads on the Bungie forums about it and mods are saying its and ISP side routing issue.

Can this be looked into on the VM side

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @taylorwiles, sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing when gaming, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Can you please advise us of the error codes you've been issued?

Have you possibly been able to report these issues and error codes to the manufacturers of the game and the console?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Bungie's last Twitter update 10 hours ago was "Destiny 2 is being brought offline for emergency maintenance.  Stand by for updates." 

So, nothing to do with VM I guess and there are no further updates on Twitter at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

has this issue been fixed ??

im having MAJOR connection issues with destiny 2 and i cant see anywhere that its been fixed ??

i can do literally anything else, second i load destiny my internet just dies

id like to also point out ive swapped to my neighbours talk talk internet. straight on no issues.

so its 100% something with virgin not liking D2