Menu
Memphisbelle
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cable suddenly stopped working

hi 

I keep getting this issue, and am almost to the point of changing my supplier, maybe I should.

the situation is that, I can have wifi on my phone, laptop and any other devices, however my xbox1 is wired as the wfi seemed to drop out at silly times. 

I am currently typing this on my lap top, whilst looking at a screen that say reboot the  modem, is this a normal thing, or is there something i dont see. 

logic tells me if I have wfi I should have cabled as cabled is better stability than wifi isnt it.?

any help would be appreceaited.

thankink you in advance.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable suddenly stopped working

Hi Memphisbelle,

Sorry to hear you're having problems using the internet over wired connection and that you're keen on getting it resolved.

Which screen are you referring to when it says reboot the modem? Is it on a device?

Yes your wired connection is more stable than WiFi and we'll need more information to help us investigate the issue.

If you use the wired connection on your laptop, are you able to browse or is it just on your Xbox?

Is the issue intermittent or always like that?

Can you try a different ethernet cable and plug into a different ethernet port?

Look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
Memphisbelle
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi lisa, 

it is my xbox that is wired, the wifi seems fine, which I wonder about at times as wired is supposed to be more stable.

The message to reboot the modem is on the xbox screen. as it is clearly telling me I dont have a connection to the internet,

when it says I am not connected it means the xbox is not connected as its the only wired piece of equipment in use. 

engineers have been out and actually done something a while back, but it seems now the rain is here yes its worse with rain, 

or appears to be. 

My lag is so bad I ride and invisble horse and get dumped out of game when entering dungeons.  I will admit that the room 

where the mdem is is cluttered, but as its cable not wifi I am not sure it matters.

hope that gives a better picture.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information. 

I've done some general checks on your system and cannot see any issues.

Can you try connecting your laptop to the internet via ethernet and let us know if you can browse the internet?

Also can you try a different cable and ethernet port to see if the problem exists?

I ask because it may be cable or ethernet port related on our Hub or the XBox port.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Memphisbelle
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I will ty those and get back to you..

I may need some help from family to do this.. 

Thankyou... 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No worries, get back to us with the results or if you need any further help 🙂

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Memphisbelle
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

I just realised I cant connect my lap top by cable it's not cable enabled. 

My son in law has checked all my cables and they are fine. I am having some issues but not sure if this is because of extra traffic due to new game content. 

Will keep you posted if it hasnt improved by the end of next month. 

0 Kudos