Menu
wezleywalton26
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Brief disconnections constantly!

My internet is constantly disconnecting, and or having massive lag spikes for no longer than a minute normally but will effectively ruin everything I'm doing at that point (online gaming). I am playing on Xbox One that is wired in. This has been a problem ever since I have been with virgin. Any help would be much appreciated!

This problem is also apparent with all other things that are connected to the internet, phones, laptops and the TV. 

Upload and Download speeds are very good, and when everything is working my Ping is good as well. But these constant disconnections ruin all that.  

0 Kudos
samuele156
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Brief disconnections constantly!

Same here, I am playing with my laptop and I have 15/20 seconds disconnections every 30/60 minutes.

One hint: do not call customer service, you will waste time and money and they will do nothing about this.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Brief disconnections constantly!

@wezleywalton26 If you go to http://192.168.0.1/ (or http://192.168.100.1/ if you are in modem mode) to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login (unless you have a Hub 3 and this is your first visit to the hub GUI, which does require you to login) but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screenshots if that is easier. Be careful to edit out or obscure any reference to your WAN IP or MAC address in the log to protect your privacy.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread (can take a few days) and run checks on your line.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.