Highlighted
DavyDark
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Bad latency (Thinkbroadband Included) Please Help

broadband.jpg

broadband.jpg

Hello all, first post. Having a bad time gaming at the moment, been running thinkbroadband past day and would like some help to interpret these results, please. I have the Vivid 350 package, but I can see some dropped packets and latency spikes and am wondering if this is within an acceptable margin, because when gaming on pc (ethernet connection) it doesn't feel good at all.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

0 Kudos
ZiltoidRacer
Up to speed
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Bad latency (Thinkbroadband Included) Please Help

I cannot see your BQM as it needs approving by a moderator (they do this to keep the images clean on site), so i will speak about a problem i had the otherday incase it helps. I too am on 350 package connected by ethernet and powerline devices.

Usually i have a good connection (SH3 in modem mode with a NetDuma R1 router running DumaOS) but the otherday i was trying to stream and was losing mega packets after 5-10 mins of being live on Twitch and i could not workout why as usually my connection is ok, many restartings and resets ensued..

Long story short i ended up phoning 150 and going to faults where the auto test failed so it restarted(sent a hit) to my SH3 (which i had restarted numerous times myself with no joy) and after 5 mins i tested and the problem was gone.

0 Kudos