cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad connection playing warzone

Liamlyon96
Tuning in

I'm hardwired to the router internet is all stable on my end but whenever I play warzone constant lag and packet loss happening it makes it unplayable, as u know any latency spikes or packet loss in fps game ur toast, this doesn't happen when I play multiplayer mode at all either it's strange, I've been trying to find addresses of servers to see what happens when I ping them but to no success I can't find them I've asked virgin to help me but there doing nothing.

36 REPLIES 36

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/38e4b922c2696c5b0a0097d91182284b57... 

Im hard wired straight to my router I have the severe packet loss icons showing all game in warzone and the latency is like spiking from like 50 to 80ms all game thts not normal should have under 5ms jitter for smooth gaming online 

I need help man I can't even play warzone I literally feel like just leaving what's the point 

Hi Liamlyon96,

We do appreciate your frustration with this and we do wish to help you get this resolved as soon as possible. 

I have taken another look at the account and can see some of your T3 counts are quite high for the time your hub has been active. 

What I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

I messaged you back and regarding the t3 time outs that must be a one off cos my connection is stable on my end, the problem I have is on some games it's bad latency and I have packet loss when I trace route the connection is decent to the virgin media network then after tht it's unstable 

So happy i have found this thread because i have the EXACT same issue.

The game becomes unplayable for a few split seconds then kicks back fine again. It always the latency and packet loss symbols that show when the frames drop to zero.

I am on an ethernet connection to my hub, speed tests showing over 100mbs and still these issues. I'm even tempted to try a wireless connection at this point but that cant be better surely? 

If you strike gold with any settings please share mate im at a loose end with it. 

Officalkp
Tuning in

I'm hardwired to the router internet is all stable on my end but whenever I play warzone constant lag and packet loss happening it makes it unplayable, as u know any latency spikes or packet loss in fps game ur toast, this doesn't happen when I play multiplayer mode at all either it's strange, I've been trying to find addresses of servers to see what happens when I ping them but to no success I can't find them I've asked virgin to help me but there doing nothing.

Speed is no measure of connection stability. Especially when it comes to games. 100Mbps, is, to use a dodgy analogy, "How wide is the Motorway?". This isn't the cause of your problems - you could be on a 2Mbps "slow" connection and get a very good lag-free gaming experience! It'd just take you many hours to download and update the games.

For gaming, "How fast can the cars (packets) go?" and "How congested is the motorway" and "How many cars are getting lost on the motorway?" are far more important. If the answers to those questions are "slow", "very congested" and "At least 1% of my cars are getting lost", then that's an absolute show-shopper for gaming.

The irony with Virgin is that you can download a 25GB update to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare in about 10 minutes, but you won't be able to play it once it's been downloaded.

Make sure you set up a BQM like others have, and this will make it easier to see when and where you are having problems. You can do that here: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

so following advise here and on other virgin forums i set up a BQM, ran it for a while and just grabbed these 2 graphs from the last 2 days;

7ce081482dae5c4657efc7ca76bcf874287dca0d.png7ce081482dae5c4657efc7ca76bcf874287dca0d-22-11-2020.png

no idea what they are or mean? hoping that somebody here can help?

the times that i do get to go on warzone no body else is draining the bandwidth, i know that for sure, as its just the mrs who is browsing facebook etc. nothing more.

when the game frames drop and stutter i am then presented with the onscreen icons suggesting packet loss etc. 

im on a wired connection to my router by the way.

any help will be great, thanks 😄

Did anyone get any solutions to this awful provider. I know it is virgin, I have a top gaming machine. I have port forwarded...put everything on minimum, tried youtube, reddit, here. They never take any blame, an hour ago i had 8 megs and should have 118 megs. they should give you a way out of having their crap internet with no solutions to a problem

Update to this thread, i just started to try warzone again a week or so ago after quitting the game with the issues i described in this post and i can say the issues are still the same and is no fun to even play when i get packet burst and latency spikes horrible experience never ever go with virgin media for gaming .