cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB not stable when gaming

Nayb
Tuning in

Hello is anybody else having problems with ping and packet loss when gaming I seem to get it almost every game and virgin seem to think it’s all fine there end my BB is never stable and another thing I’ve only been with them for like 2 months now and already had like 5 problems in the area why so many problems all the time I think they just make it up as they go along I’ve ask for them to let me out my contract without payment as it’s not stable not meant for gaming like they say I’m on the 1gig at that as well back when I was with sky I never got this problem with 50mbs so now got to wait 30 days for ofcom if that’s the name to test my net and say there’s a problem witch I’m guessing they will probs tell me there isn’t just sick of it now can’t play any games online without packet loss or bad ping and yet it’s meant to be virgin top of the line package and I run wired as well 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nayb wrote:     There’s a link I’ve just set it up hopefully I’ve set it up the right way

Yes, all working fine.  Just need 24 hours to get a full picture.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

1) You've been fobbed off, there is no Ofcom involvement in this.

2) VM possibly are monitoring your speed, but as the problem is latency and packet loss chances are a speed test averaged over a month will show nothing

3) If you want out of the contract without penalty and can demonstrate a problem that VM won't resolve there are ways, we can explain if needed.

As a next step setup a BQM over at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality that'll show what's going on with your VM connection.  Post a LINK to a LIVE, SHARED graph here and we'll see what's happening (not screenshots, not links to your logged-in view).  Usually needs to run for 24 hours before we can draw reasonable conclusions, but the live graph will continuously update so you can post the link immediately. 

Will I need a laptop or pc to do that as I’ve only got a phone atm mate it’s just at the point now where I can’t put up with it anymore a lady from Vm did say I’ve got my speeds they was promising but I tired to explain speed is not the issue and that stable was what is the point in having all that speed if I can’t run it stable and thanks for your reply I will have a read how to do it but do you know if it’s possible to do it with a mobile 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9220cafa243b506404365c964fa8804fcd9c3238

There’s a link I’ve just set it up hopefully I’ve set it up the right way  

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nayb wrote:     There’s a link I’ve just set it up hopefully I’ve set it up the right way

Yes, all working fine.  Just need 24 hours to get a full picture.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Okay thank you for your help hopefully this will shed some light on what’s going off it’s not like it’s even one game it’s doing it on its on loads of games Fortnite and cod being 2 of them 

Just a quick update I’ve spoken again with VM on the phone and was told that they have to many customers in my area so I’ve ask is that enough to leave without having to pay and was told yes I’ve ask to leave now there making stuff up about have i been complaining about this for 3 days non stop ect I think it’s disgusting they can take on more customers knowing they can’t handle it why would they do that or not at least give warning of it before letting people join 

and now to top it off as I right this I was on the phone for a full hour sorting out about leaving and she put the phone down on me how rude 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Nayb

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I have managed to locate your account & can see that you managed to arrange an appointment for today. 

Have they managed to assist you with getting this resolved? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi nope not fixed as of yet still getting packet loss the engineer come out today and my wire was basically no good so he use next doors and split it in to 2 connections but not really any better maybe we need a full rewire as the cable is very old anyway I mean I’ve been here 5 coming up to 6 years now and it was here well before I moved in maybe it just needs all new running 😕 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issue still being present Nayb,

Welcome back to the community!

Since posting I can see that you have an appointment booked for this issue.

You check your appointment and reschedule if needs be via our webpage here.

Let us know how the service is after the work is completed!

Take care,

Kain