Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Area 22 - no internet since Wed 30th Jan19

Clearly a network fault as there:

- was no incoming signal 

- VM could not see my SH3 nor my TiVo box

- all cables were good and connected tightly

Virgin Media technician visited my property on Fri 1st Feb. His technical assessment: 'your internet line is busted'

New technician visit booked for Tuesday 5th Feb.

I called VM to ask what the logic was in them scheduling another site visit for Tuesday, when the fault was likely to be on the network side. I couldn't get a coherent response from VM technical customer assistant Nathan. Asked to speak to his manager.

The manager Sonu was extremely helpful. Explained that their was a potential network fault affecting area 22 as other customer were also experiencing outages.

Told Sonu that the Virgin app was showing no faults for area 22. He explained that until a fault was identified, it doesn't show on the app, i.e. the app will not how potential faults that are being investigated.

He mentioned that the investigation ticket was opened for area 22 yesterday, 1st Feb. Also that their network team is working on it, but no further updates are provided by their level 2 technical team. 

Finally he said that the Tuesday 5th site visit was more as a placeholder, as they would expect any network fault to be resolved by then and that if I still had an issue it would most likely be an on-property issue in my case.

I understand problems happen, and if you have clear communication from excellent customer support people like Sonu then it causes much less frustration for customers.

Hope the network team identify and sort out the issue quickly.

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 22 - no internet since Wed 30th Jan19

I am in area 22, and have no issues.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
Bravestar22
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to Sheetal from 2nd line tech support. She informed me that there was no network broadband issue in area 22. There was a telephone issue, but that was resolved.

Great, so the information from Sonu was completely incorrect. So much for keeping customers up to date.

I manged to get through the technician who visited my property and he advised that there was an attenuator issue at the cabinet at the end of my street.

I'm now 5 days without Internet access, and with only one site engineer who seems to know what the issue maybe. Everyone on Virgin's fault call line seem clueless.

This is extremely frustrating, especially given that I'm on the highest charing Internet package. You would expect at least some semblance of support to get my service working again.

Switching on the TiVo box and there is only  a green pixelated screen. SNR showing as 27dB.

Can anyone recommend a decent alternative broadband provide? I'll be cancelling if this isn't fixed soon 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bravestar22,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forums.

Very sorry to hear you have had mixed messages about the issues you are having with your broadband.

Is there anything listed on our service status checker now? 

Have you still got the tech visit booked in for tomorrow?

Thanks 

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Bravestar22
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My Internet and TV are still down. Over one week now.

Atrocious management by Virgin Media. Everyone on my street using Virgin is also down site to the amplifier in the street cabinet.

The field tech said the Virgin status checker only shows an issue if the whole area, in this case area 22, is down. Apparently the whole Street not receiving a survice does not constitute a worthy mention on the ambitiously named 'service status checker'.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Bravestar, apologies for the broadband issues.

How are things since posting?

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Bravestar22
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Still no Internet or TV service.

No updates or idea about when or if a fix will ever happen

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My apologies.

Is there any service issues listed on the status page here - virg.in/service

If none, can you sign in to the service checker for me and run the fault test?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am in Area 22, all has been good for weeks now.

If an area fault more people would be kicking off about it.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Bravestar22
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

RedGooner - bless your narcissistic tendencies. Posting, whilst adding reading through the thread and not adding any value.

Read above where it says the fault is localised to the cabinet on the street and affecting multiple residents with Virgin along street. 

Virgin Support - any chance that you can provide some 'support'.

No TV or internet service since January 30th. 11 days and counting....

0 Kudos